- A Bachelors degree in Computer Science or a related field is a must, as is relevant work experience in software development.
- 5+ years of software management and a proven ability to translate customer needs into business and product requirements.
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop project business cases and deciding the right priority.
- Proven ability to architect large-scale systems.
- High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications.
- Ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, schedule tradeoffs and opportunistic new ideas with technical employees.
- Should be able to think strategically and execute methodically and tactically.
- Superior verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired.
- Composed, poised and professional demeanor.
- History of teamwork and willingness to roll up ones sleeves to get the job done.
The Ad Optimization group in Bangalore has the charter to solve optimization problems for ad-programs in Amazon and ensure high quality ad-impressions. We develop advanced algorithms and systems to optimize performance for our advertisers and publishers. We are focused on solving a wide variety of problems in the area of computational advertising and we currently manage the following programs: Traffic Quality, VUE (Viewability and User Engagement), Advertising Brand Safety, ContX (Contextual Extraction) and Ad Runway. Our group includes experts in the areas of distributed computing, machine learning, statistics, optimization, text mining, information theory, control systems, combinatorics and econometrics.
We are looking for talented manager to lead the real-time advertising fraud detection initiatives within the Traffic Quality group. An ideal person for this position would enjoy ideating new features, product definitions, creative algorithms, helping build large scale systems and who thrive in a fast paced fun environment. As a Software Development Manager leading the Robot Detection team, you will be responsible for
a) Working closely with scientists, product managers and business leaders to drive the next set of features, develop solutions and track influence of our systems on the overall advertising business. Your work will include doing research on existing advertising products, analyzing data, feature gap analysis and prioritizing features in an incremental way.
b) You will also be responsible for ensuring sanity of architecture, operational excellence and quality, delivering results on time and working with other software teams in order for the feature to launch. You will be responsible for clarifying use cases, requirements and milestones.
c) You will be responsible for mentoring and managing a highly skilled set of SDEs, and in providing them career growth opportunities.
d) Technical deep dive, architectural skills and bias for action are a must.
e) Having prior leadership experience managing people is a must and experience in the online industry is a great plus.
We offer a fast-paced and fun workplace with competitive salary and great benefits.
- Experience with service oriented architecture and object oriented design
- Experience in the online marketing /advertising industry is desired
- Experience in big data and distributed systems