As a (senior) AI Engineer you will drive the application of AI in real world settings. We deeply understand that building AI solutions is more than hacking scripts and notebooks together. We see it as an engineering discipline and therefore mix the notion of Software Engineering and AI Research. Pragmatism and an understanding of the tools of computer science are essential to well designed AI products. As a (senior) AI Engineer you will work on state-of-the-art approaches and challenges of AI as well as software engineering. Together with our team of AI and Software Engineers, you will also be responsible in helping our partner companies take your application from proof of concept to rolling it out across their organization.
- Sc. / Ph.D. in STEM, preferably computer science
- Strong experience with programming languages like Python, C++, Scala, etc. as well as version / data control.
- Thorough understanding of essential statistics and machine learning concepts.
- Deep knowledge of one particular domain in ML / data science / statistics. From Bayesian graphical models to model interpretability or meta-learning for neural networks, you tell us about it.
- A thorough understanding of program / software design and service or application development.
- Good communication skills.
- Team player with a willingness to learn new things.
- Fluent English.
It would be advantageous to have
- Publications in statistics, machine learning or their applications in science.
- An understanding of how complex professional software projects are run.
- Experience with ETL pipelines, data cleaning, SQL / NoSQL databases.
- Experience with cyber-physical systems (e.g. ROS, Jetson, Microcontrollers).
- Conversational German or better.
What we offer
- A highly qualified and motivated team on a journey to change the quickly growing European AI landscape
- An atmosphere that encourages to think and experiment in new ways with software and the latest hardware. Access to cutting edge products in VR, AR, robotics and compute infrastructure.
- The opportunity to work on a variety of projects: robotics and optimal control, computer vision, NLP, recommender systems, autonomous drones, massive graph problems in operations research or smart factories among many others.
- Work in identifying the hottest topics of the next decade and enjoy freedom and trust to initiate your own activities.
- 10% of company time for personal development.
- Sponsorship for conferences in your fields of interest. Paper reading groups and internal seminar on machine learning and computer science.
- Hackathons organized by UTUM.
- Pick your own hardware.
- Flexible working hours and remote working.
- Free fruit, coffee and snacks.
- Develop your skills with the team working on internal for-fun projects potentially showcasing results at e.g. GTC.
- (Optional) after work Fridays and monthly dinners.