We are looking for a Data Platform Engineer to help design and power our big data platform. The responsibilities will include innovating in building out a scalable, fault-tolerant big data platform that can be leveraged for gaining deep insights for both external and internal needs.You:
- Is Petabyte scale data processing just the problem you were hunting to solve?
- Have you always had a desire to find that needle in a gigantic haystack?
- Are you a compulsively data driven geek?
- Do you have a desire to collaborate with and learn from a team of very high caliber data scientists?
- If you answered YES to any of the above, you can start filling your look ahead buffer!
You need to have a deep passion for coding and also be versatile enough to explore and solve problems across various facets of computer science, including:
This is a living growing list :
- Big Data Processing (MapReduce and Distributed File Systems)
- Queueing, Publish/Subscribe systems.
- Massive Graph Processing
- Realtime data pipelines
- Large scale Query Processing
- Relational and Non-Relational (NoSQL) database systems
- Scalable and Fault-Tolerant Serving systems.
- Machine learning
- Virtualization, Containerization and Micro Services
- Data Analytics
- Distributed computing
- Large-scale system design
- Maintain, Manage and Build out a data platform that can process petabyte-scale data.
- Engineer a near-real-time system that can process massive amounts of data.
- In-depth understanding of how large-scale query processing using Hive, Pig, Presto etc
- Design and Implement the data processing, analytics and machine learning part of the platform
- Designing, building, installing, configuring and supporting Hadoop.
- Perform analysis of vast data stores and uncover insights.
- Maintain security and data privacy.
- Create scalable and high-performance web services for data tracking.
- High-speed querying.
- Total experience of 6 to 12 years with a minimum of 5years of hands-on high-performance development experience in Big data Platforms.
- Excellent development and debugging skills using Java / Scala.
- Knowledge / Contribution to Apache opensource projects such as Kafka, Zookeeper, Hadoop, Hive, Hbase, Spark etc is a big plus.
- Prior experience being part of a team that delivered early versions of a product in a successful startup is a plus
- Minimum Bachelors or Masters degree in computer science (or equivalent).
At Instart, we are building a world where the largest brands in the world can deliver amazing digital experiences to their customers.
Every major brand today, whether it is online shopping, travel or media, is making huge investments to improve their online experiences to keep up with consumer expectations. As consumers in a digital world, we tend to abandon websites very quickly if the experience is not as good as we expect it to be - fast, engaging, and responsive. With 100+ patents using artificial intelligence and machine learning, Instarts unique technology continually optimizes the online consumer experience, learning from every interaction across devices and networks.
Were on the path to increase our revenue and customer base in the next couple of years. You have an opportunity to be a part of this amazing growth, working on cutting-edge AI/ML cloud technology with some of the greatest minds, to help the most recognizable brands in the world create better digital experiences.
Instart is backed by major investors who are all looking to see us become the leading cloud-based application security provider Andreessen Horowitz, Kleiner Perkins, Greylock, Wing, and Sutter Hill to name a few. We take pride in the great experience we offer our employees from our flexible work schedules to free lunches.
Lets talk about your next career opportunity at Instart.
Instart is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.