WHO YOU ARE
We are looking for a number of Data Scientists to join us in developing new revolutionizing ways for IKEA to interact with our customers. We are using cutting edge methodologies to improve customer experience – from marketing to customer support.
Our diverse team is growing even more and we would love to talk with you, if you recognize yourself in some of the following:
• enjoy figuring out how to use math, code and data to solve business problems
• have a strong background in math, computer science, engineering or equivalent (at least MS or equivalent)
• have experience in developing data and statistics-driven solutions for real-life business problems
• love being creative through code (ideally in Python and beyond basic notebooks or scripts)
• master techniques for Data Science such as machine learning, deep learning, gradient boosting, Bayesian modelling, natural language processing, time-series analysis or optimization/OR techniques
• have experience working in at least one area of: customer analytics, personalization, recommender systems, marketing, promotional effectiveness, text classification, NLP and demand forecasting (ideally in a retail setting)
• are a team player who takes ownership, and you like to work closely with others
• listen well and are able explain your ideas to non-technical stakeholders
• are curious, self-directed and want to keep learning!
This is our wish list! If you don’t recognize yourself in all these points, you might still be an excellent candidate for the role. We like to think long-term and invest in people’s development together with us.
The IKEA culture and values are very much a part of our business and day to day work life. For you to thrive and grow with IKEA it’s important for us that you share our values! You can read more regarding our values and life at IKEA on our website www.ikea.com.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING DAY TO DAY IKEA
is taking huge steps in its digital transformation and our team of Data Scientists is at the forefront of building intelligent systems for data-driven business decisions. For example, we are developing models and tools to answer questions like:
• Which marketing activities are effective and relevant?
• Can we predict individual customers’ interest and behavior?
• What is the ideal personalized inspiration, offer, timing and channel for engaging with each customer?
• How can we design loyalty club member rewards to nurture a sustainable customer relationship?
• Which topics and sentiments do our customers have about IKEA on social media or when they call us for support?
• How can we help our co-workers in customer support calls with automated speech analysis in real-time?
• How much should and will we be selling of each article over time and which commercial levers should we pull to influence this?
Our ultimate goal is to create a better everyday life for the many people by creating a unique partnership with each customer. To do so, we want to give customers the most beneficial offer for them, exactly when they need it, and support them throughout their journey with IKEA in the best way possible.
You will work in a cross-disciplinary agile team that designs, implements and deploys models that help to solve these kinds of problems. It will be a mix of mathematical modeling, training machine learning models and writing code – as well as talking with product owners and business stakeholders.
OUR TEAM WITHIN IKEA IKEA
has long been a global leader in home furnishing. We are proud of our vision to improve the everyday life of the many people. But our industry is quickly changing and we need to adapt to stay competitive.
As part of IKEA’s journey to strengthen our digital capabilities, we are building a Data & Analytics function with a new Data Science team.
This team is working on problems across the company, ranging from customer modeling, pricing, online shopping, visual intelligence to logistics optimization.
We see so many opportunities for what we can accomplish and have the ambition to be a world class team. At the same time, we believe that our work is not just about building models, but also about learning and having fun together.
We can offer you:
• Work on some very interesting problems as described above, and you are encouraged to spot new opportunities or to collaborate with Data Science colleagues in other specialist teams.
• Opportunities to have global impact with your work.
• Flexible and modern tools: we deploy on Google Cloud Platform and we use a lot of open source tools across the board.
• Hardware and OS of your choice.
• A team of great colleagues to learn with and from (with world-class experience across all aspects of Data Science).
• Continuous learning (we aim to spend 20% of our working time on learning).
• Flexible and friendly working environment.
• Relocation support: we are based in southern Sweden.
See related AI/ML Jobs