As the research and pre-development unit of BMW's software development department, it is our mission to anticipate new software technology trends, evaluate their potential by building proof of concept prototypes and accompany their transfer to production.
Our team focuses on scalable systems, artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) to enable innovative functions and services, and to improve in-house processes in close collaboration with internal customers and partners across all units of the BMW Group.
What awaits you?
- You work in a cross functional team with a broad variety of technical skills within an open and creative work environment.
- You will develop concepts and prototypes that span the full stack of technologies ranging from development operations, systems engineering up to AI and ML applications.
- You will drive projects through all stages of the innovation process.
- You follow technological trends and new developments in the respective communities and assess their relevance for our application domains.
Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in computer science, mathematics, physics or related technical field with a focus on AI, ML or data science.
- Solid experience with AI and ML and the respective tools and technologies e.g.: sklearn, Pandas, TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch, Spark ML, etc.
- Practical experience with AI / ML systems in productive environments (performance and scalability, model life cycle management, functional monitoring).
- Solid practical experience in software engineering in Python, R, Java, Scala or C++.
- Experience with technologies for data-intensive applications and cloud infrastructures: Hadoop, Spark, AWS or Azure would be a plus.
Are you an experienced research engineer with strong analytical skills, and the enthusiasm to drive technology innovation from ideas and prototypes towards production? Then apply now.