Do you love working in a fast paced, high-energy environment where every day is different? Do you have a passion to drive change and implement complex solutions that impacts an entire fulfillment network? Are you looking to make a difference, be empowered to own decisions, think quickly and act fast? If so, you are a great fit for Wayfair s Industrial Engineering team!
We are seeking individuals for Wayfair s Industrial Engineering in the areas of facilities, design engineering, controls, and project management. The ideal candidate is an energetic team player who understands how to effectively drive results in a fast-paced and rapidly growing company. This candidate must also have an interest in innovating to solve business problems creatively and a willingness to immediately tackle key challenges. A willingness to travel and tackle the unknown is highly desirable.
What You ll Do:
- Provide engineering support for process development and improvement initiatives to reinforce the goal of Operational Excellence
- Manage and lead implementation of material handling systems that enable capacity and productivity improvements
- Provide change management guidance, assists with process and equipment validation including but not limited to development, training, documentation and reporting
- Generate and assess metrics for dissemination of trends that affect service quality and customer reviews through the use of statistics and quality engineering tools
- Knowledge of data mining techniques (SQL)
- Assist a team with the building and development of a network Labor Management System and a Computer Maintenance Management System
- Space planning and layout design (AutoCad)
- Return on Investment / Operational audits
- Practice safe work procedures, and follows all safety rules at all times
What You ll Need:
- Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Industrial Engineering or related field
- 3-5 years of experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to be detail oriented, with strong analytical and organizational skills, who is also highly results oriented and proactive.
- Knowledge of Labor Management Systems
- Technical background Warehouse Management Systems and Microsoft Office is required to be successful in this role.
- Ability to effectively communicate with business partners both local and remote including senior management/stakeholders.
- Excellent time management which results in an ability to handle multiple competing priorities and a strong customer focus
- Ability to identify critical paths and execute (these may change weekly)
- Travel required 20%