We have an exciting opportunity for a data scientist to join our Cancer Ageing and Somatic Mutation (CASM) team for a 2 year fixed term contract.
We are looking for a data scientist to analyse large sequencing datasets to obtain biological insights. Working as part of a team you will contribute to research on blood cancer evolution. You will add value to the team by being involved in the building and implementation of novel computational tools.
You will be required to attend lab meetings, further training courses (in the institute and further afield) to build upon your existing knowledge. This is a great opportunity for a data scientist to work in an environment that supports your career development.
- Degree in statistics, mathematics, computational biology or relevant discipline or relevant experience.
- Experienced in independently solving data analytic problems, as part of degree work and demonstrated as part of project experience.
- Excellent programming skills, e.g. R, Python, Shiny etc.
- Previous understanding and application of data science methodologies
- Proficiency in Unix/Linux operating system
- Experience with using compute cluster and batch queuing systems
- Data Mining expertise to extract knowledge or insights from data in various forms, either structured or unstructured.
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving skills
- Experience with managing and processing next-generation sequencing data
- Proficient in statistical analysis of genome-wide datasets
Closing Date: 15th December 2019
See related AI/ML Jobs