Located in our Anaheim, CA office as our VP of Engineering, will report to our CEO. In this role, you will help structure the company by understanding the needs of customers & designing the technology required to address these needs. In this exciting opportunity as our VP of Engineering, you will oversee all of the software engineering, including development and quality assurance, guaranteeing alignment with product development, defining metrics to measure team success, and remaining accountable for the team’s results.
We are a passionate team where ideas matter, working together and making those ideas a reality matter more. In this role, you must be willing to roll up your sleeves, own the work and move our team forward. You’ll be in integral part of our growing and shifting our company culture.
If you are passionate, ready and willing to move the needle and have an entrepreneurial spirit, this is the job for you!
- Lead, manage and mentor a team of developers and other personnel
- Foster a healthy engineering culture through hands-on coding and ensuring the optimal balance between high-quality code and shipping punctuality, as well as developing an engineering roadmap
- Recommend new technology and ideas to improve sprints and efficiency
- Develop and direct the technology roadmap to align with the vision of the company and the needs of the customers
- Arbitrate between business and engineering needs
- Recommend solutions and improvements based on customer needs
- Execute product development and design to meet company objectives within given timelines.
- Work with business development, customer meetings, and proposal generation
- Develop and supervise strategies, policies and operating plans
- Perform post-implementation review of the systems
- Ensure that requirements documentation can be easily translated into test plans in order to oversee completion.
- Drive best practices and principals of Engineering to make great decisions
- A Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field is preferred but not required
- Highly experienced in: NodeJS, ReactJS,
- At least 8 years’ experience in software development and engineering
- 5+ years directly managing and building high performing teams
- Fluent with REST API design, documentation, and development.
- Strong knowledge of the software development lifecycle and process improvement methodologies.
- Strong knowledge of SCRUM and agile methodologies.
- Relational databases (PostgreSQL ideal, other SQL acceptable)
- Extensive engineering expertise in the areas of software products, product maintenance,
- Machine learning and AI technologies, preferably with experience applying them in the real world
- CDN's with considerations for Video Delivery, images, Pages, Adserver
- Dev Ops processes using tools like Git, Jenkins, CI/CD pipelines, scripting, etc.
- Test-Driven Development (TDD) practices as well as Automation and Unit Testing
- Exceptional people skills –mentoring, leading, scaling teams of 50-100 (required) Ability to attract and inspire top-notch engineers
Compensation: In addition to competitive compensation Brandify offers full benefits!
- Emphasis on a healthy work-life balance
- Bundled comprehensive dental and vision coverage
- Generous 3-weeks paid vacation and 10 paid holidays
- Life Insurance
- Generous Parental Leave
- Education Reimbursement
- Paid Volunteer Day
- Casual Dress
- Company Outings
- Happy hours
- Free Parking
- $300 per year in professional development funds
- AND SO MUCH MORE!
We are committed to the excellence of our team and will continue to foster growth by treating our employees oh so well! EEO Statement It is the policy of Brandify to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Brandify will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Brandify’s programs are designed to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws, directives and regulations and cover all human resource actions including employment, compensation, benefits, training, education, promotions, and social/recreational programs. Brandify's CEO and senior leadership team have the responsibility to monitor progress, reinforce policies and hold the organization accountable to meet its objectives.