3D Hubs is far more than 3D printing, and we're only getting BIGGER!
3D Hubs makes high-quality manufacturing methods instantly accessible to Engineers all over the world with our digital design platform. And behind the scenes we're equipping our Software Products for ever more tangible applications within the $13 trillion Manufacturing Industry. Following our 2019 funding we'll continue to bring Digital Innovation to the Industrial World.
This is a Software Engineer position in an R&D team that designs and builds mathematical models and Machine Learning algorithms. These models analyse and generate pricing for three dimensional CAD designs for Mechanical Engineers from all over the world, prior to their automated manufacturing by our network of suppliers. These two sentences are the essence of 3D Hubs. Many household names have used our platform to make millions of prototype parts this way, some of which are potentially in the device you're using right now!But your role will not be to build our Machine Learning model with complex calculus equations. Instead you will use your knowledge and experience of production software environments to find ways to launch our new models without negatively affecting the performance of the existing Python/AWS infrastructure. Your goal will be the implementation of our models into our production environment in a scalable way, whilst including a structured framework for training and testing the models and their performance. Reporting to the Director of Engineering, your team is at the centre of 3D Hubs' product and its development in the future.If you're looking for a Tech Scale-up in Amsterdam that's utilising A.I. for something other than Financial Services, there are few to choose from. But none will have the tangible impact on everyday life that 3D Hubs has been producing since 2013. Millions of Metallic & Plastic parts have been digitally analysed and automatically assigned to production through our platform. Our algorithms enable Instant Pricing for 3D Printing, CNC Machining & Injection Molding that would otherwise take days or even weeks!Our tech stack:
Python (Flask/SQLAlchemy), PostgreSQL/Aurora, RabbitMQ, Docker, AWS: EC2, RDS, S3, Redshift.What you'll do:
- Use (mainly) Python to implement new features to our ML Platform
- Maintain and improve upon our stateless-function-running framework
- Design and build an infrastructure for training and testing the AI behind our product
- Further develop the performance capabilities of our Analysis Models
What it takes:
- 3-5 years of commercial Software experience, backed by a CS education
- Fluency in multiple language(s) and familiarity with AWS capabilities & limitations
- An architectural mindset and strong experience of pushing cloud solutions to their limits
- Experience with the DevOps constraints of an AWS [EC2, S3] environment
- Bonus points for:
- A working knowledge of Neural Networks, whether academic or practical
- Hands on experience with real-time ML prediction pipelines
Why 3D Hubs?
- Opportunity to have impact in a high paced culture and accelerate our growth
- Dynamic, international team of 80+ people from (30+ nationalities), growing to 100+ this year
- Awesome office location in the Amsterdam Houthavens
- Free healthy lunches and team bonding over Friday events
- Learn more about us on our Office Instagram and Careers page