W2 only, no C2C, must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship (both now and in the future)
Our partner in Madison is seeking an enthusiastic Data Scientist with academic experience interested in applying deep learning to solve unique and challenging problems in commercial healthcare software.
A successful candidate will be a person who enjoys pioneering and changing medicine by shaping how imaging data informs clinical decision-makers. It will be a person who likes to have fun, loves to learn, and wants to innovate in the world of AI.
What you'll do:
- Leverage deep learning to solve problems in lesion identification, segmentation and tracking; normal organ segmentation; medical imaging analysis.
- Communicate with clinicians, our engineering team and product management to fully understand clinical workflow and requirements necessary to critically review designs produced by product management.
- Collaborate with internal team to achieve quality within the overall FDA-compliant Product Development process – Key touch points for collaboration are Product Management, QA, Documentation, and Regulatory
- Estimate and report progress on work items in the development schedule
- Other duties as assigned
What you'll bring:
- Experience with AI, including building Machine Learning (ML) and Deep Learning (DL) models
- Expertise in applying critical thinking and problem solving to produce novel solutions
- Able to deliver a ML/DL project from beginning to end, including understanding the clinical need, aggregating data, processing data, building and validating predictive models, and deploying completed models into clinical product
- Demonstrable track record of dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering results in a dynamic environment
- Able to write production level code, which is well-written and explainable
- Strong communication skills and willingness to work in a tight-knit development team
- Candidate must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Additional Preferred Expertise
- Experience with nVidia GPUs and DL libraries, such as Keras, CNTK, TensorFlow and PyTorch a plus
- Relevant publications/presentations in medical image analysis for quality refereed journals/conferences a plus
- Skills with programming languages, such as C, C++, and Python a plus
- PhD in highly quantitative field (Compute Science, Medical Physics, Statistics, Mathematics, etc) a plus
- Previous experience in ML or data scientist role and a track record of building ML or DL models, or expertise in designing and validating algorithms, a plus
- A strong record of innovating through ML or statistical algorithms and their applications