DynTek, Inc. currently has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Data Analyst in San Diego, CA. The Data Analyst will contribute to the development and implementation data reports and strive to achieve consistent, effective reporting of system data. The Data Analyst shall be responsible for supporting the recording and analysis needs leading data, report, and report analysis activities, quality improvement, quality assurance, and compliance activities and the development of new reports (parameter reports, dashboards, and cubes). You will also be overseeing the review of system data to ensure consistent and effective reporting and the progression of data management maturity efforts. Additionally, you will be developing content for training and communication guides and coordinate data steward activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage metadata in support of the development and/or implementation of new data sources.
- Develop and monitor a Data Management Maturity Gap Analysis and Road Map to include: Privacy, Security, Retention, Quality, and Standards.
- Perform data analysis, gap and impact analysis with a large number of data elements, one-to-multiple data sources, business impact, and visibility).
- Use documented methods for creating source-to-target mapping, capturing business and technical metadata, and complete data lineage.
- Prepare flow and organizational charts, workload statistics, and statistical data displays.
- Perform data profiling, document results, and present findings to various audiences.
- Lead the preparation of complex reports that communicate group/department priorities, policies, and procedures.
- Prioritize current and future data projects.
- Participate in special task forces.
- Formulate criteria, processes, and procedures for evaluating the impacts of projects, plans, and programs for service delivery.
- Conduct special projects that may include, but are not limited to, needs assessments, survey analyses, and program standard development.
- Analyze patterns and prepares recommendations to enhance operational efficiency.
- Make oral presentations.
- Research and develop recommendations to improve outcomes.
- Create data visualizations to clarify and inform a variety of audiences.
- Collaborate with staff to create information graphics based on data analysis and findings.
- Lead the design of data and ad hoc reports.
- Lead the development of standard reports.
- Lead training efforts within reporting develop content for training and communication guides for reports.
- Written or spoken communication materials on data reporting.
- Develop project planning documents.
- Update project status reports specified reporting tools
- Monitor Master Data Management (MDM) design.
- Monitor Business Intelligence strategies.
- Monitor Change Management strategies.
- Coordinate activities with vendors.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Bachelors degree, preferably in Computer Science, Statistics, or Mathematics or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience in data analysis.
- 5+ years of experience in data warehouse.
- 5+ years of experience using advanced data analytic tools and in writing complex queries - Cognos Analytics, SPSS Modeler, and SQL experience preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Quick learner, able to accurately assimilate and analyze information from a variety of sources and synthesize to produce consumable products.
- Strong computer skills. Proven ability to learn new software systems. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access.
- Proven ability to demonstrate an understanding of data, data modeling, predictive analytics, and in showing how data supports business decisions.
- Agile methodologies and tools.
- Creative, focused, strong organizational skills, problem solver, attention to detail, flexible, and proactive.
DynTek provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to Federal law requirements, DynTek complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.