We are looking for machine learning engineer/senior machine learning engineer who loves to mine information from complex datasets, is a self-starter, proactive and wants to work in a dynamic environment of a start-up. As an early member of the team, you will have an integral role in the venture and take ownership of the work. You will design and implement novel Machine Learning models in order to identify the sequences in our genomes that underlie human disease and guide therapeutic development.
- Background in Statistics, Data Science, Machine Learning or related discipline.
- Experience with deep learning, transfer learning or reinforcement learning.
- Extensive experience with machine learning libraries, such as Scikit-learn, TensorFlow, Keras etc.
- Strong programming skills in R and/or Python.
- Interest in gene regulation and genomics.
- Ability to work independently as well as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate complex ideas to both technical and nontechnical audiences.
- Flexible and co-operative approach to colleagues.
- Strong organisational and time management skills; as well as ability to prioritise and balance competing demands.
- A positive can-do and result-oriented attitude, with openness to new ideas and ability to work flexibly in a dynamic environment.
- Strong experience with Machine Learning methods, applied to biological data.
- Demonstrable experience in collecting, mining and visualising complex biological data.
- Track record of working with genomics data.
- Working knowledge of bioinformatics or statistical genetics tools and databases.
- Experience with relational or non-relational database management systems.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) or related service.
- Strong organisational skills to track data and record downstream analysis.
- Experience supporting and collaborating with non-computational biologists.
- Experience in industry.