Come to work for Realtor.com
- witness and create change within the growing digital real estate industry ! A leader in online real estate and backed by industry experience and the News Corp Brand, Realtor.com
’s vision is to be the leading destination to discover and create your perfect home, and today more than 50 million unique users visit our company’s website and mobile apps monthly. What you can do at Realtor.com
has the potential to touch people in a real and meaningful way. You’ll engage with some of the best and the brightest coworkers and leaders, learn and contribute, and have a great time. We work hard, play hard, and recognize achievement – rewarding passion for innovation, creativity and quality. If you enjoy working in a fast paced, dynamic, cutting-edge work environment and desire to make a meaningful contribution to the business, then make the move!Realtor.com
currently has an opportunity for a Manager Monetization and Revenue Management, reporting to the Director Monetization and Revenue Management, located in our Silicon Valley campus in Santa Clara, California. Realtor.com
has an ever-evolving portfolio of customer-facing products in the midst of a changing landscape of competitive products and pricing creating the need for a role to meaningfully contribute to the commercial strategy of the company to include pricing, commercial strategy, customer monetization and yield management.The role will take a proactive role in the development of operational pricing frameworks, revenue & inventory management, business modeling, commercial strategies, and all related aspects of sales and revenue analysis, ROI modeling and business model decision influence.An ideal candidate will have a strategic and management consultant-oriented mindset with competency in financial modelling and analytics, pricing and revenue management and previous exposure to online business models.Responsibilities:
Experience and Skills:
- Directly manage, model, optimize key drivers of revenue on a regular (daily, weekly, monthly) basis including pricing, inventory, fulfillment, etc. for the company’s largest subscription revenue stream.
- Envision and empirically model and validate new commercial strategies, pricing methodologies, revenue management processes and business models that meaningfully impact our business
- Build financial models that form the decision basis of pricing and product strategy decisions
- Drive day to day data-driven pricing decisions taking into consideration inventory, volume and yield metrics
- Lead multi-disciplinary, complex projects with significant impact on our commercial strategy
- Analyze, design, operationalize and improve processes across the organization that are robust and efficient
- Design and advance reporting and monitoring systems that form basis of our commercial decisions
- Facilitate the optimization of monetization and business models through partnering with key functions within the organization.
- Understand drivers of revenue across the portfolio of customer-facing products and optimize cross-product and cross-division yield.
- In partnership with finance, analytics and data science teams, design a framework for pricing testing and oversee execution of tests.
- Lead initiatives to propose and investigate new strategies for pricing.
- Educational Requirements: BA with undergraduate focus in Finance, Statistics, Economics, related fields, or alternative relevant practical experience; MBA or advanced degree a plus; Background in Financial Modelling, Engineering, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, algorithm development or similar relevant practical experience a plus
- 5+ years' relevant experience with increasing levels of responsibility; experience in management consulting, pricing and revenue management, business model design and monetization, corporate finance or investment banking a plus but not required
- Take on and develop into the role as our internal business model and pricing strategy consultant with the ability to solve complex problems, validate them quantitatively and develop data-driven business recommendations
- Ability to organize, direct and develop personnel, and to plan and coordinate timely accomplishments of responsibilities.
- Superior presentation and communication skills with the ability to capture the audience and outline key decision points; mature presence coupled with emotional intelligence.
- Experience with the development and testing of different pricing and monetization models, particularly within tech and online a plus
- Experience with Big Data, Data Analysis and Modelling background a plus.
- Ability to understand customer value proposition and ROI.
- Proficiency with Excel (pivot tables, lookups, data linking), PowerPoint (advanced graphing, visualization and presentation)
- Experience with databases and SQL.
- Ability to interact and communicate with individuals in various functional areas and various levels of management.
Ability to remain flexible and thrive in a fast-paced and often hectic environment.Diversity is important to us, therefore, realtor.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of age, color, national origin, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, status as a disabled veteran and/or veteran of the Vietnam Era or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, realtor.com will provide reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified disabled individuals.