At realtor.com data is very important to us and we have lots of it, in motion and at rest. To keep up with our business and data growth, the realtor.com Data Engineering team is seeking senior-level data engineers to join our team. This impactful role will promote the build-out and usage of the data platform, data-driven decisions and data products for realtor.com, it's customers, partners, and consumers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Define data processing patterns that will be needed in the data platform
- Define needed capabilities in the platform and then lead engineering teams to deliver these capabilities
- Design, develop, and deliver building blocks for products based on data and analytics
- Design, develop and orchestrate data pipelines for real-time and batch data processing
- Design optimal storage, data structures, security, and retrieval mechanisms for data at rest in Data lake and Analytics data store or data in motion for real-time processing requirements
- Design and develop reusable components and frameworks for ingestion, cleansing, and data quality
- Collaborate with upstream sources and downstream consumers to come up with expandable data contracts
- Design and develop Rest APIs/ or web-service consuming clients for data push/pull for both upstream and downstream applications
- Help guide and grow the technical depth of junior members of the team.
- Collaborate with data team, product owners, Scrum-master to refine and estimate stories/epics
- Be integral part of scrum team to deliver on commitments on time and with good quality
Education, Skills and Experience:
- Computer Science/Engineering Bachelor’s degree or equivalent such as: Mathematics or statistics
- Solid understanding of distributed programming and experience with EMR or Hadoop
- Expert at SQL and query performance tuning
- Understanding of Cloud technologies (preferably AWS services), and security and how they can be combined to design scalable cloud solutions
- Experience with columnar storage and MPP/Analytical DBs (Redshift, Netezza, GreenPlum, Teradata).
- Strong Python skills. Experience with bash scripting and one or more of Java/Scala/node.js
- Solid understanding of software engineering and operations
- Detail oriented. Strong prioritization skills and sense of urgency
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Takes pride in efficient designs and accurate results
- Objectively analyzes the pros, cons, and the trade-offs of a design path and helps the team to arrive at the most optimal solution, which may not be their own
- Loves to learn and experiment with new technologies and shares findings with the team
- Effective team player. Honest and respectful of others
#LI-KK1Diversity is important to us, therefore, realtor.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of age, color, national origin, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, status as a disabled veteran and/or veteran of the Vietnam Era or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, realtor.com will provide reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified disabled individuals.