Who We Are:
Resource Management Associates, Inc. (RMA) is a small engineering consulting firm established in 1974 that specializes in the development and application of advanced computational models for water resources systems. We are located in Davis, California, approximately 15 minutes west of Sacramento.
Our employees earn a competitive salary with a generous benefits plan. We are looking for talented full-time permanent Junior Software Developers to join our team. You will work on one of RMA’s Agile project teams carrying out development in all facets of the Software Development Life Cycle, from initial software requirements and concepts, to innovative technological improvements, to production support. RMA fosters the exchange of programming concepts and supports continued education to advance your skills and career at RMA.
RMA’s computational models for hydrodynamics, water quality, and sediment transport are in extensive use both nationally and internationally. We develop cutting-edge engineering modeling software for both public and private clients.
What the Position Entails:
- Application of supervised machine learning techniques on time indexed data to build predictive regression models (e.g. tree building algorithms, recurrent neural networks, autoregressive integrated moving average models, etc.). This allows us to develop predictive streamflow models given meteorological datasets, flow timeseries, and watershed characteristics.
- Cloud-based services are used to provide distributed computing solutions. This work involves adapting numerical computational models to run in parallel achieving orders of magnitude improvement in performance. Parallelization is done using upwards of 150 virtual machine nodes that run computations from a couple of days up to a week. Our Monte Carlo scenarios run on the Amazon EC2 Cloud have resulted in invitations to Amazon’s Cloud Services Summits.
- We are the lead development firm for the real-time Corps Water Management System (CWMS). CWMS is an automated information system (AIS) used by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers to support its water control management mission. CWMS is an enterprise software system that begins with collection, validation, and transformation of water data. Real-time watershed forecasting is performed using an orchestrated suite of GIS-based modeling applications. Forecasted information is shared via web applications that present dynamic visualizations of complex geo-spatial and time series data.
Responsibilities of this role include:
- Development of Java desktop applications including user interfaces and computation engines for scientific visualization and Internet-aware objects
- Development of client-server systems and databases
- Full life cycle support, including requirements collection, design, development, maintenance, documentation, and more
What You Need to Have:
Junior Developer position requires a BA/BS degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
What You Need to Bring:
- Driven to innovate as part of a team
- Can communicate ideas and concepts clearly
- Strong Object-Oriented design, implementation, testing, and debugging skills
- Java programming experience developing UI and client-server applications
- Understanding of Agile, SCRUM, or other rapid application development methods
Nice To Have Skills:
- Jython/Python, .NET, Fortran, C#, C++ experience
- UML, XML, JSON, Oracle, Linux and/or MS Windows API experience
- Higher math, statistics, numerical methods knowledge
See related AI/ML Jobs