Does designing solutions to unique and novel problems and working with a collaborative, multidisciplinary, caring team excite you? Do you love fast-paced, flexible, and fun environments?If so, we have a career for you!
At Understory, the Weather Signal Processing Engineer assists in the research and development of environmental sensor instruments and algorithms. You will work closely with engineers and software developers to advance pattern detection algorithms, data analysis, and prototyping systems that help produce interesting and meaningful weather products for our customers.
Your main role responsibilities will include:
- Refine sensor data at the device level through development of physically appropriate algorithms, frequency domain analysis, and machine learning
- Improve existing algorithms and invent novel methods of remote environmental sensing
- Explore issues with sensors at the device and network level and provide algorithms to mitigate issues
- Build and maintain a library of validation and accuracy of sensor and algorithm performance
- Collaborate with the Firmware Engineer and FPGA engineer to ensure proper implementation of signal processing algorithms in product, including verification of implemented signal processing chain with model
- Perform algorithm studies, define test plans, and communicate results to cross-functional teams
- Collaborate with the Hardware Engineers to define raw input requirements from sensor, participate in factory test/calibration discussions as needed
- Participate in engineering research and development to help shape and produce experiments and devices that improve refined sensor data, as well as to identify shortcomings in current detector design
- Define solutions to current design issues and advances for future detectors
You're exactly what we're looking for if you:
- M.S. or higher in Computer Engineering, Signal Processing, Electrical Engineering, Physics, or a related field
- Minimum 3 years of work experience
- Experience in algorithm development with Python, Matlab, or R
- Experience working with embedded systems
- Independent with the ability to work well as part of a team
- Comfortable in a fast-paced and dynamic professional environment
- Base salary commensurate with experience
- Full-time benefits
:Understory detects rain, hail, wind, and other weather events where the risk to life and property is the greatest – directly at the earth’s surface. Understory's ground-truth detection provides weather data that leads the industry in resolution and fidelity, which has tremendous potential value and application throughout the country as $485 billion of the U.S. economy fluctuates with weather, touching industries such as insurance, agriculture, and broadcast.Currently, Understory is an early-stage company consisting of twenty awesome team members and is venture backed by $20M+ in financing. Our team works hard, but also makes time for team and family fun!