Bolt is one of the fastest growing startups in the world with over 30M happy customers in 30+ countries, from Europe to Mexico to Africa. We’re building the future of transport – one platform that connects you with cars, motorcycles, scooter sharing, and anything else you need to move around in your city. Fast, convenient and affordable for everyone, as transport should be.
Bolt engineering teams are working on unique product challenges: complex algorithms for demand prediction, optimal real-time pricing, routing, fraud detection, distributed systems and much more. Volumes are growing at a steady pace.
This is once in a lifetime opportunity in a massively disrupting urban transportation area. While company is well-backed by strong investors and top talent, it’s small enough for every individual to have a big impact on its future and as well benefit from sky-rocketing equity package!
Let’s build the future of transportation together!
What you’ll be doing:
- Put your algorithm and math skills to work in solving the hardest problems in real-time, dynamic geospatial graphs and time-series
- Consistently produce and automate data analysis and modeling on massive data sets
- Enable the entire organization to continuously run and perform predictive experiments with a high-end technology platform
- Collaborate with business, engineering, and operations to identify and deliver high impact improvements and optimizations
- Keep yourself updated with advances in the fields related to data science and transportation
- Industrial experience in data engineering and machine learning (7+ years recommended)
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, statistics or related quantitative fields, or a Master's degree with equivalent industry experience
- Publications at top-tier peer-reviewed conferences or journals or a proven track record of industry innovation in creating novel algorithms and advancing the state of the art
- Awareness of both business and technical aspects of data science
- Proactive mindset, willingness to take initiative and work with little supervision
- Production coding skills in Python and a good grasp of ML, DL or OR libraries and frameworks
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and superb work ethic
You’ll get extra credit for:
- Solid understanding of data science process, statistics, GPU programming and machine learning algorithms (incl. DL, RL)
- We get also excited if you have background in econometrics, operations research, simulation or quantitative analysis of behaviour.
- Comfortable in shaping open-ended topics into actionable plans and getting things done
- Mathematical fluency, familiarity with transportation networks and autonomous vehicles
- Past experience with startups
- Great compensation – motivational base pay and company stock options
- No corporate BS – we’re moving too fast for that
- Amazing personal growth experience at one of the fastest-growing startups in Europe
- Working with a motivated and talented international team, plus regular team events
- Working in one of the coolest offices in Tallinn – ping-pong table, free snacks/drinks
- Flexible working hours – as long as you get the work done
- Monthly Bolt credit for rides
- Impactful work – you’ll have a rare opportunity to build a product literally used by millions of people across the world
Did we spark your interest? Get in touch and let’s talk!