You will be part of the Barclays UK Decision Analytics team that shapes Barclays UK strategy using data analytics as the key competitive tool. You will own the model management process for Barclays UK predictive assets ensuring all predictive assets, channels, contents and experiments utilised for customer marketing activities are identified, documented, performance monitored, independently validated and governed through decision forums. The role requires you to provide guidance to model developer’s/owners ensuring that models are developed and deployed in accordance with the model risk policies.
What will you be doing?
• Embedding governance on the development of targeting assets (predictive models, channel & content optimisation, conversion experiments)
• Ensuring timely identification and validation of targeting models used for performance marketing
• Providing guidance to model developers / owners to ensure model risk policy is fully understood and correctly implemented
• Providing SME guidance to model risk management to ensure business rationale and objective is understood when models and model policy are independently validated
• Implementing and reviewing regular monitoring for targeting models to ensure model performance remains at an expected level
• Identifying and escalating any concerns with model performance and where necessary work with model developers and owners to implement appropriate remedial action
• Ensuring all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance
• Working effectively with peers and management team to achieve shared business objectives.
What we’re looking for:
• Demonstrated ability of project management and model governance
• Understanding of model validation & performance monitoring
• Programming experience with following standard data analytics tools: SAS, SQL, Python
• The ability to consolidate and analyse complex information
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative field (Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Engineering, Machine Learning, Computer Science etc.)
Where will you be working?
In the heart of Canary Wharf, our headquarters at Churchill Place boasts onsite amenities such as a gym, staff restaurant and deli bar, and is easily accessible by tube and bus links. With a population of around 5000 staff the atmosphere is second to none with a real buzz being created around the offices within.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.
We will consider applications from job share applicants.
See related AI/ML Jobs