The Planning Core team owns systems that take demand for inbound and outbound freight movements for Amazon and produce a plan in compliance with constraints (Program specific, DoT regulations etc.) that aims to minimize costs and manual effort required to generate vehicle movement plans. This is a unique opportunity to work on cutting edge NP Hard problems/Algorithms that saves Amazon MM of $ in freight movements.
An Ideal candidate will be instrumental in shaping the product direction, in terms of developing and tuning algorithms for optimal savings in least time, collaborate with stakeholders to model the planning components supply, cost/rates and demand in an efficient and automated fashion and develop closed loop systems that creates a planning flywheel to produce efficient plans as we scale beyond just road transportation to Air, Rail and Ocean in the future for vehicle movements WW.
· Work closely with senior engineers to , implement and deploy applications that impact the middle mile planning business.
· Own the delivery of an integral piece of the planner be it simplifying the input modelling, providing automated simulations or optimizing algorithms for new supply types or better efficiency.
· Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments
· Assist directly and indirectly in the continual hiring and development of technical talent.
· Create and execute appropriate quality plans, project plans, test strategies and processes for development activities in concert with business and project management efforts.
The ideal candidate should be a leader, quick learner and be able to work independently. He/she should be able to operate in a very fast paced environment where time to hit market is super critical. The candidate will need to balance technical leadership and savvy with strong business judgment to make the right decisions about technology choices.