Were looking for talented data scientists, machine learning scientists, and strong engineers (at all levels of seniority) passionate about building products and initiatives from the ground up. This is a brand-new team driving data efforts across the iCloud organisation.
In this role, youll implement novel machine learning algorithms, drive data science analysis for decision-making, and build efforts through to production at massive scale. These systems help us understand and improve Apples user experience and are a significant part of our strategic focus optimising user experience and engagement with personal iCloud accounts. Youll work in a small and dynamic team, building new functionality and collaborating across groups. Youll also participate in crafting systems, algorithm development, and optimisation efforts to ship huge impact.
This position requires a broad set of software engineering skills, focusing on exabytes of data. You built and deployed ML algorithms, optimization efforts, and/or data science driven systems. You should have experience working with massive datasets and shipping production scale systems.
You've earned a: (a) PhD in Machine Learning, Statistics, Optimisation or related field, with experience building production systems, or (b) MS. in Computer Science or equivalent experience working with large data projects, or (c) BS. in Computer Science or equivalent experience in the industry with data science / machine learning.
Consistent track record delivering production software.
Deep fluency in Java, C++, or another production language.
Experience with Spark, Hadoop, MPI, or other distributed frameworks.
Proven mathematical knowledge; understanding of machine learning, statistics.
Strong data-driven thinking.
Are you in love with data? Do you lose sleep pondering about the algorithm that accurately predicted your recommendation? If so, we'd love to hear from you!
- Invent, design and implement new algorithms using machine learning and data science systems.
- Produce high quality code with excellent reliability and scalability.
- Explore novel architectural solutions and communicate ideas clearly.
- Collaborate in diverse multi-functional teams to prototype new concepts and deliver end-to-end systems.
- Technical leadership is greatly valued.
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Ph.D. in CS, industry experience a plus.
See related AI ML Jobs