Break out of the comfort zone.
AI impacts our lives in all areas. Algorithms such as Alpha-Zero show the power of how autonomous and rapid systems can both learn and adapt. The automation of todays industrial processes is driven by robotic systems, that are programmed to perform repetitive tasks. Yet one major hurdle we face in the adoption of robotics, including the perception, is the engineering - an area which requires a lot of knowledge and experience. With your help, this is what we seek to overcome.
Intrigued by the idea that the engineering can be automated, and machines can adapt themselves to new situations? So are we!
With the AI Residency Program, we offer the opportunity to launch your career in applied Artificial Intelligence research and inspire change with AI in the industrial sector. In this 9-month program you will challenge fundamental problems of Industrial AI as part of our ecosystem - with access to a unique pool of experts from the industrial domain and a platform to present your work to business owners from all business areas of Siemens.
If you want to make a difference, make it with us.
* Develop and apply state of the art AutoML, RL or other methods to auto engineer and configure software for state estimation and perception for robotic systems
* Benefit from a network of experts from a wide range of Siemens domain (AI, robotics or applications) to discuss your ideas and drive your research
* Apply the results to real robotic applications. Example: A flexible bin picking systems that adapts to various sensors and objects such as textured/un-textured, reflective, symmetric, etc.
* Publish and present your results in renowned international conferences (e.g. NeurIPS, AAAI, ICCV) and among Siemens businesses
We are looking for those who want to take on the challenges of tomorrow.
* Completed or started your PhD in machine learning, computer science, mathematics or engineering
* Research is your passion with a proven scientific record and experience in automated machine learning, AutoML tooling, classical AI planning and scheduling or related technologies for auto engineering
* As ambitious software developer you bring expertise in Python and C++ (optional) to the table
* The perception and image processing problem domains are familiar to you
* You are a creative team player who speaks proficient English
Take a glimpse into previous analysis. Vincent, our colleague, research focuses on automated object perception and is happy to share gained insights.
The Siemens AI Lab is a collaborative interdisciplinary platform for industrial research and exploration in Artificial Intelligence. Together with technology experts we identify use cases and prototype the cutting-edge AI solutions of our future industry. Located in the heart of Munich, we provide room for an open exchange with our AI ecosystem through Hackathons, Meetups & Open Events.
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens!
+49 (9131) 17-1717 - if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team.
www.siemens.com/careers - if you would like to find out more about jobs & careers at Siemens.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
See related AI ML Jobs