Next Century Corporation is seeking a Software Engineer who is passionate about building mobile software to "push analytics to the edge".
Required Skills and Attributes:
- 3-5 years of experience as a Software Engineer
- Development of software for Android platforms, preferably including development and tuning of high-performance solutions on resource-constrained mobile platforms
- Experience programming in Java or C++ (preferably both)
- Bachelor’s degree, with a strong foundation in computer science
- Creative problem solver
- Highly self-motivated and results-oriented team player
- Unwavering commitment to excellence and integrity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
Additional Desirable Skills (Nice to Have):
- Knowledge of the ATAK mobile platform
- Python programming experience
- Work experience, or strong educational background, in machine learning
- Experience building and deploying systems using Amazon Web Services
- Experience in image/video processing, audio processing, and/or natural language processing
- Experience working on systems for the military
- User interface design
Who We Are Seeking
At Next Century, we are committed to growing our team of high performers to accomplish our mission of saving lives and protecting our country. We are not a body shop; we avoid staff augmentation, and we are totally committed to excellence in all that we do.
Joining our team is not just a position, but a journey with a team of world-class software engineers who share a passion for using their skills and experience to make a difference.
We are seeking those that hold these traits and beliefs:
- Passionate about protecting our country and saving lives
- Aware of the concept of a high-performance organization and is committed to achieving them
- Engineers that desire to work closely with end-users to identify the most critical information
- Demonstrated passion for learning and curiosity of the world
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.