Working Location: Bangkok, Thailand
This is a full time, permanent role in Bangkok, Thailand. Full relocation and Visa sponsorship provided. Overview:
Agoda is the largest and fastest growing online hotel booking platform in Asia. And as a Booking Holdings (BKNG) company, we are part of the largest online travel company in the world. We have the dynamism and short chain of command of a startup and the capital to make things happen.
Our Bangkok team is looking for top quality passionate machine learning specialists to lead teams of smart engineers and guide them across our business domains.Why Machine Learning in Agoda?
In Agoda we adopt a data-centric approach to solve almost all business problems. We build real-time machine learning applications to answer questions like ranking, recommendation, and how to serve prices most efficiently. Our systems scale across multiple data centers, handling a few hundred thousand requests per second, and respond within a few milliseconds.This is a unique combination of hard-core engineering challenges (scalability, performance, sometimes really low-level tuning) and complex machine learning algorithms.Day to day Responsibilities
- Lead the team towards the right decisions and business goals.
- Make the difference through ideation and experimentation
- Participate in cutting edge research in machine learning applications
- Develop solutions for real world, large scale problems
- Improve scalability, speed and performance of existing models
Nice to have
- 5 years of engineering industrial experience of which 3 years of machine learning related.
- Experience in quantitative research and finding insight exploring data
- Knowledge about the most used machine learning algorithms (e.g. NeuralNetworks, Ensemble Tree methods, Reinforcement Learning)
- Experience in one or more object-oriented languages, including Scala, Python, Java or C++
- Adherence to data driven development where decisions are based on data and A/B experimentation
A few of the technologies we use
- Experience in working with Spark MLlib, Tensorflow, Caffe, Torch, Theano, and/or Scikit-Learn
- Experience in managing a team
- Experience in building large-scale distributed products
Scala, Spark, Python, Jupyter, Hadoop, Hive, Impala