Data Science & AI Department is building a next generation platform that aims to connect our customers with Rakuten services using speech recognition with natural language understanding.
We are building a first-ever smart AI-sales assistant that promotes Rakuten services to customers and maintains a close bond with them using state-of-the-art Reinforcement Learning model.
We are looking for talented and detail-oriented Software Engineers to help build a micro-services based platform that utilizes well researched machine learning models. As a software developer, you would be required to write efficient, well-performing code based on high level requirements and contribute with your innovative ideas.
- Design scalable applications with good micro-services architecture with strong fundamental knowledge of Java, Python or Nodejs
- Work closely with the team across the development lifecycle to understand the requirements, support the design of the high-level architecture and take responsibility for the low-level architecture
- Write well-designed code that aligns to coding standards and best practices
- Write well-defined unit tests with complete code coverage
- Experience in using Machine Learning
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related technical field
- Evidence of exposure to architectural patterns of a large, high-scale web application (e.g. well-designed APIs, high-volume data pipelines, efficient algorithms)
- 3+ years of experience developing software in Java, Python or Nodejs
- 2+ years of experience in developing REST Web Services and working knowledge of API/micro-services architecture
- Experience in developing Java applications using Spring Framework or Spring Boot
- Experience in Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery processes
- PhD degree in Computer Science
- Experience using Deep Learning to develop Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR), Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Recommendation Systems
- Experience using Reinforcement Learning