Specialist Statistical Modelling - Basic IT & Programming Support (m/f/d)
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We connect and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance. Not only your performance but also your personality matter to us, without regard to gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
BASF Services Europe GmbH, located in the heart of Berlin, is a shared service center providing a wide range of services for the BASF Group throughout Europe. As an international team of 2,000 employees from over 50 countries, we bring together know-how in the fields of finance, controlling, HR, procurement, product safety and digitalization. We value teamwork, engagement and embrace Diversity & Inclusion.
Learn more about the SSC at: https://www.on.basf.com/EuropeanSSC
What you can expect
Join our Agricultural Solutions Expert Services Team and provide support in Environmental Modelling.
- Your main task will be to program a multidirectional interface tool between databases and various simulation models.
- You will process data as well as transform and restructure data formats.
- Software development (batch processing and automation) and the development of user interfaces (Windows GUIs, Shiny apps, or HTML-based) will also be your responsibility.
- You will scout and evaluate modelling software (e.g. general purpose modelling software, and interfaces for coupling different simulation models e.g. OpenMI, Simulink).
What we expect
- You have successfully completed your degree (B.Sc./Diplom/M.Sc.) in Computer Science, Informatics, Technology or Chemical Informatics.
- You have already gained experience in software development and programming of interface tools for connecting databases and simulation models.
- You are familiar with mathematical modelling, programming languages for statistical evaluation, preferably R, or MATLAB and high-level programming language(s) e.g. Python, C, C++.
- You are well acquainted with data format transformation and restructuring as well as with the setup of data and functional models and machine learning.
- With your excellent English language skills you communicate effectively within a team, you demonstrate very good negotiation and presentation skills and you are very flexible in facing new challenges.
- Personally, you enjoy collaborating for achievement and show a high level of entrepreneurial drive.
- In our Berlin office, you will be given the opportunity to shape your own personal development, while making a profound impact on our European services.
- Receiving on-the-job training through our "Buddy System", you will be able to benefit from flexible working hours.
- As part of our dynamic team, you have the chance to engage and experience diversity & inclusion on a daily basis as well as contribute your ideas to the worldwide BASF network.
Join the best team with more than 110,000 other minds to connect with globally. Explore your BASF career options at on.basf.com/mycareer.
Job Field: IT / Information Management
Location: Berlin, DE
Company: BASF Services Europe GmbH
Job Type: Temporary
Job ID: EN57955704_ONLE_1