HRT is seeking quantitative researchers to join our effort in developing mid-frequency systematic trading strategies. Candidates will apply rigorous statistical methods on a wide range of datasets and implement trading models based on novel predictions of market behavior, all while leveraging HRT’s world-class research and trading infrastructure.
Successful candidates will be part of a growing effort and have the opportunity to contribute to all aspects of strategy development, including alpha generation, portfolio construction/optimization and trade execution algorithms. Researchers are responsible for not only prototyping and conducting research into various strategy components, but also writing code to productionalize their ideas; thus, interest and experience in programming are essential.
HRT employees enjoy a collegial and non-siloed environment; candidates will work closely with other researchers to develop new ideas and refine existing trading models.
Ideal candidates will have:
- Advanced degree (PhD preferred) in a quantitative discipline (e.g. statistics, computer science, physics, mathematics, economics)
- Demonstrated ability to conduct research using large noisy real-world datasets
- Exceptional attention to detail and desire to understand issues deeply
- Outstanding work ethic and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong numerical programming skills, including proficiency in Python for data analysis and machine learning. Experience with C++ a plus
- Prior work experience in stat-arb preferred
Hudson River Trading (HRT) brings a scientific approach to trading financial products. We have built one of the world's most sophisticated computing environments for research and development. Our researchers are at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading.
At HRT we come from all sorts of backgrounds: mathematics, computer science, statistics, physics, and engineering. We’re a community of self-starters who are motivated by the excitement of being at the cutting edge of automated trading. Our culture celebrates great ideas whether they come from HRT veterans or new hires. At HRT we’re friends and colleagues, whether we are sharing a meal, playing the latest board game, or writing elegant code. We embrace a culture of togetherness that extends far beyond the walls of our office.