Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Mountain View, CA, USA; Boulder, CO, USA
- Bachelors degree in Statistics/Biostatistics, Operations Research, Physics, Mathematics, CS or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience as business/data analyst. Experience with statistical research techniques: linear/non-linear regression, ARIMA, Time-series Modeling, sample estimation.
- 3 years experience with SAS Stat/SAS Macros, R, Python.
- 2 years experience with data modeling/SQL databases, forecasting.
- Master's degree in a quantitative field (Statistics/Biostatistics, Operations Research, Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or related subject).
- 3 years of experience with utilizing multiple forecasting tools and software, with the ability to manually produce the same results.
- Research experience in the consumer operations space in voice of customer, product analytics, clickstream analysis, etc.
- Excellent programming skills in Python or R, SAS and SQL.
- Ability to craft engaging and compelling narratives in verbal and written communications for customers (including executive stakeholders) reflecting a nuanced understanding of diverse audiences.
- Excellent collaboration skills, working in a fast-paced team dynamic environment.
About the job
At gTechs Users and Products team (gUP), our mission is to help users get the most out of Google. We represent the voice of Google's users and many of our partners globally, sharing insights with the larger Google organization to enable exceptional customer and product experiences.
gUP builds innovative solutions that take user experience and engagement with Google to the next level, supporting users across products, countries, cultures, incomes, and identities. We advocate for users through partnerships with product areas at Google (and some Alphabet businesses), supporting Googles consumer products ecosystem and enabling numerous launches for Googles consumer products each year.
We are committed to building an ever more diverse, equitable, and inclusive gUP, and consider this the foundation upon which individual, team, and user success are built. We're also committed to innovation not only in the content of our work, but in the way we work. Check out this blog post on our Chameleon program.
The Google User and Product Analytics Team is responsible for providing analyses that help innovate and scale customer support operations. Our team provides statistical rigor to solve high-impact problems and helps create collateral that other analysts can leverage. In this role, you'll bring statistical and engineering skills to help other analysts, enable sharing of analytical techniques across the broader team through brown bags and conferences, and work on solving business problems through innovation.You'll drive statistical analysis to produce a forecast for user support demand. Previous experience with forecasting, analytics, and interpreting data will be a foundational requirement.
Google creates products and services that make the world a better place, and gTechs role is to help bring them to life. Our teams of trusted advisors support customers globally. Our solutions are rooted in our technical skill, product expertise, and a thorough understanding of our customers complex needs. Whether the answer is a bespoke solution to solve a unique problem, or a new tool that can scale across Google, everything we do aims to ensure our customers benefit from the full potential of Google products.
To learn more about gTech, check out our video.
- Lead statistical analyses to solve business problems at scale (e.g., lifetime value of users) and help bring to production by working with engineering teams.
- Support the scaled operations team with detailed statistical analysis of forecasting performance, metrics, and predictive modeling to determine impact to forecasting.
- Work in collaboration with analysts, other internal groups and resources to lead brown-bags, conferences, etc.
- Identify skill gaps and create collaterals that help other analysts scale.
At Google, we dont just accept differencewe celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy
and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form