- MBA or Master's degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g., Statistics, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics) or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with statistical software (e.g., R, Python) and database languages (e.g., SQL).
- Experience in people management.
- PhD degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, or Operations Research.
- Applied experience with machine learning on large datasets.
- Experience articulating business questions and using mathematical techniques to arrive at an answer using available data.
- Demonstrated skills in selecting the right statistical tools given a data analysis problem.
About the job
At Google, data drives all of our decision-making. Quantitative Analysts work all across the organization to help shape Google's business and technical strategies by processing, analyzing and interpreting huge data sets. Using analytical rigor and statistical methods, you mine through data to identify opportunities for Google and our clients to operate more efficiently, from enhancing advertising efficacy to network infrastructure optimization to studying user behavior. As a Data Scientist, you do more than just crunch the numbers. You work with Engineers, Product Managers, Sales Associates and Marketing teams to adjust Google's practices according to your findings. Identifying the problem is only half the job; you also figure out the solution.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Build/prototype analysis pipelines iteratively to provide insights at scale. Develop comprehensive understanding of Google data structures and metrics, advocating for changes for product development and sales.
- Make business recommendations with effective presentations of findings for stakeholders through visual displays of quantitative information.
- Research and develop analysis, forecasting, and optimization methods to improve the quality of Google's user-facing products, including ads quality, search quality, end-user behavioral modeling, and live experiments.
- Interact cross-functionally with multiple leaders and teams, and work with Engineers and Product Managers to identify opportunities for design and to assess improvements for Google products.
- Work with large, complex data sets. Solve difficult, non-routine analysis problems, applying advanced analytical methods as needed. Conduct end-to-end analysis that includes data gathering and requirements specification, processing, analysis, ongoing deliverables, and presentations.
At Google, we dont just accept differencewe celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy
and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form