At Facebook Plus we are developing the future of Augmented Reality (AR), Virtual Reality (VR) and Mixed Reality (MR). We are currently seeking an innovative technology leader who will work across disciplines to lead our AI & Machine Perception organization. This organization drives innovation and develops the next generation of on-device AI & Machine Perception technologies, connecting the physical and digital worlds into a single, shared, social experience. This team delivers core technologies to the Spark AR Platform, to our core set of mobile apps (e.g., FB, Messenger, IG) and to first party HW devices such as Portal and Oculus Go and Oculus Quest.
Your job will be to both manage and partner with groups working across the full spectrum from research to product development, managing our technical investment portfolio supporting multiple products across different timelines. You will oversee and be responsible for a broad array of state-of-the-art technology areas, spanning Human Understanding, Environment Understanding, Immersive Media and Capture, all of which designed to run on client (edge) devices. Prospective candidates should have sufficient technical depth and breadth in the associated set of technologies to make portfolio management, resourcing and roadmap decisions.
- Leading an organization comprised of applied scientists and engineers from prototyping across development and integration of advanced systems relying heavily on Computer Vision and/or AI/Machine Learning technologies
- Owning the development of system requirements, and collaborating with respective teams to mature and integrate technologies necessary to create product architectures that can deliver these requirements
- Engaging cross-functionally with other researchers and engineers to develop concepts that advance the entire product pipeline (hardware, software, integration, infrastructure, and applications)
- Recruit world-class talent and provide mentorship to team members
- Working closely with various organizations to define and execute the long-term roadmaps
- Coordinating with research, partnership and legal to both define and execute technology development with key partners & suppliers
- Developing and communicating technology development strategies and status
- Facilitating and working with teams to proactively alleviate project bottlenecks
- MS degree in Engineering, Physics, Computer Science or equivalent
- 10+ years of management experience in multi-disciplinary global teams at the intersection of tech and product, including building performing teams and organizations
- 20+ years of people management experience
- Demonstrated experience in recruiting and managing technical teams, including performance management
- Experience in managing teams productizing Computer Vision or AI/Machine Learning technologies from conception to end
- Leadership and interpersonal communication experience in working across many disciplines, drive best practices, and mentor team members
- Experience managing joint hardware-software development and associated rapid prototyping projects
- Technical experience in leading teams/projects in one or more of the technical domains of machine perception (i.e., machine vision, machine hearing, natural language, sensors and robotics)
- PhD in a related field of Computer Vision, Computer Graphics or AI/Machine Learning
- Experience in leading teams developing machine perception technologies on the client device
- Experience in leading teams interfacing with HW (sensors, silicon) teams in setting requirements and product tradeoffs
- Flexibility and resilience in a dynamic environment
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.