VakantieDiscounter (Elmar Reizen BV) is the leading online travel agency in The Netherlands where our customers experience an easier and more comfortable way of booking their holiday: www.vakantiediscounter.nl
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer that will join our growing development department, where you will be part of an agile feature team. Your talent and experience with software development on the JVM will help us become more innovative, improve our productivity, and continue to live up to our high standards. Your focus will be on the Travel Platform that connects Tour Operator inventories to our website by processing large amounts of data for efficient search in our search solution and facilitates booking via our API integration layer.
All systems are built in-house with our own international development teams leverage technologies such as:
- Apache Spark, for distributed data processing
- Scala, Akka HTTP and the Play framework for a scalable stateless REST back-end
- HELM, Kubernetes for running our systems on GCP
- Clojure/ClojureScript for our website
- A/B experiments, for sensible decision making
You will be writing lots of high-quality code that goes to production continuously and spend ±10% on R&D to find the next big thing.
Your skills and qualifications
- You are a seasoned Scala Engineer (4+ years) with solid experience working in an Agile environment
- You have a deep understanding of the JVM and code optimizations
- You have experience with Spark, Hadoop, or other distributed data processing platforms
- You have experience with DevOps and improving CI/CD pipelines
- You know functional programming and have a passion for learning and sharing your knowledge
We consider it a plus if you have experience with:
- Cats, Scalaz, functional programming libraries
- Kubernetes, Docker, container-based deployments
- Clojure and/or ClojureScript
- Open Source; because we contribute back to the ecosystem
What we offer
- Competitive remuneration package
- A developer-focused workspace at our Amsterdam office
- A fast-growing and flat organization with the possibility of flexible working hours and benefits in terms of health, pension, and fun initiatives, team buildings and events
- The opportunity to develop through courses, conferences and events
- 24 paid holidays and 6 ATV days
- Discount on your holiday trips
- Support with relocation (visa, housing, 30% tax ruling)
About De VakantieDiscounter
The VakantieDiscounter (Elmar Reizen BV) is an online travel agency from the Benelux and was founded over 20 years ago. From 2009 to 2019, the company has grown its revenue 50x. At the moment, VakantieDiscounter is embarking on an internationalization journey, starting with Germany and further expanding into several other countries in Europe.
The company is continuously focused on innovative improvements and quality, not only with regards to the platform, but also in terms of channels to reach and support the customer. The ever-prevailing goal is to make it easier and more comfortable for the customer to select a nice holiday.
The vibrant VakantieDiscounter office, with an international team of 90 people, is located on the Amsterdam canals in the center of the city. The organization is flat, democratic and based on trust, and employees have a lot of freedom in achieving success through their own preferred approach.
Is this the job for you? Respond quickly to this vacancy! We would like to receive your CV via the application button below.
N.B. Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated. We do not work with recruiters.