About the role
You will join our Technical Product Management team in defining the core Data Platform that powers all our insights and software deployed in the fight against cancer. You’ll own multiple scrum teams, be an expert in how to design enterprise grade data products, and wake up every morning knowing the work you do makes a meaningful impact in the fight against cancer.
Responsibilities for this role include:
- Develop a product vision for the Data Platform and provide a 12-18 month roadmap that illustrates this vision
- Engage with engineering teams as the product owner role in a Scrum process - write user stories (product requirements), maintain the prioritized product backlog, and define the acceptance criteria.
- Manage the entire platform lifecycle - sunset legacy features and prioritize the prototyping and introduction of features proactively, so that Platform continuously delivers value to the business
- Evaluate build-vs-buy decisions for platform features and components, so that engineering resources are prioritized towards building what is truly differentiating for Syapse business
- Collaborate cross-functionally to ensure the needs of various stakeholders are considered in platform. Communicate trade-offs so that stakeholders understand the reasons behind prioritization decisions made under time or resource constraints
What you bring to the table
- 4+ years of technical product management experience defining and delivering enterprise grade platforms, ideally built on public cloud infrastructure
- Knowledge of SQL/NoSQL databases, message brokers, data processing frameworks such as Spark/Hadoop, and AI/ML techniques
- Understanding of core platform concepts such as multi-tenancy, identity and access management, API management
Bonus points if you
- Have prior experience as a software engineer or software architect
- Have worked in a Data company or in the Health Tech industry