Who you are
We are looking for Senior Data Engineers who are passionate about data and the opportunities building data-focused systems. As a problem-solver you enjoy digging into and understanding data and code as well as building high-quality solutions that deliver value to users. As a person you get energized by working together with others in a cross-functional team towards a shared goal. You have a growth mindset which drives you to lead by example and continuously renew and improve ways of working.
We believe you are passionate about:
- Scalable, distributed and resilient data processing systems
- Database systems and data storage technologies
- Streaming data technologies and frameworks
- Cloud computing platforms
- Workflow/pipeline scheduling, orchestration and management
- DevOps, CI/CD and Agile development practices
The role requires +5 years of relevant experience
The IKEA culture and values are very much a part of our business and day to day work life. For you to thrive and grow with IKEA it’s important for us that you share our values!
In this role you will
- work on designing, developing, testing and maintaining data processing systems and services that meet requirements and user needs
- implement measures to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality, and ensuring that systems are reliable and secured
- act as a technical expert in regards to data processing frameworks, integration and connectivity/protocols, security and related practices
- drive data ingestion and processing from a variety of sources systems, to prepare for usage in reporting, analysis and machine learning/data science applications
- be an active member and contributor in our data engineering community
Our team within IKEA
The Data & Analytics team enables and drives IKEA’s digital agenda through data and analytics, from reporting and analysis solutions to real-time streaming data and machine learning systems that enable personalized experiences for our customers. We work end-to-end over the digital product lifecycle in cross-functional teams, using new and existing technologies and practices to deliver at speed. We are a diverse team coming from all over the world with a shared passion for data and analytics. We work hard with a spirit of togetherness and enthusiasm, and we have fun doing it in an inclusive, open, honest and down-to-earth work environment.
We are currently modernizing our technology landscape including new tools, cloud platforms and open source technologies and standards. Our data and analytics systems are primarily built in Python and Scala on Google Cloud Platform where we leverage BigQuery, DataFlow/Apache Beam, Spark, Composer/Apache Airflow, Kafka and Google Pub/Sub.
Questions and support? Let's connect!
For more information about the role, please contact recruiting manager Simon Hellbe, Data Engineering & Architecture Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions about the recruitment process, please contact email@example.com