We are always looking for new challenges to help us fulfill our mission to create value in a global marketplace where anyone can buy & sell.
The world is full of objects and services being produced and sold, but many of them are thrown away without people realizing that they might be valuable to someone else, wasting valuable natural resources. To contribute towards eliminating waste, we have launched Mercari, a marketplace where people can buy and sell easily and safely, in Japan and the United States.
Our three values (Go Bold, All for One, Be a Pro)
We work together to create a global marketplace, but the road to this goal is by no means easy. In order for us to make new innovations and take on new challenges that no one has taken before, all of us take ownership of our work and make use of our knowledge so that we can create the best product possible as one team. To achieve this, we all take action based on our three company values (Go Bold, All for One, and Be a Pro).
The goal of the engineering organization
At Mercari, engineering teams always strive to continuously produce significant results. To do this, our organization constantly welcomes changes and new challenges, cooperates and co-creates, is diverse, offers freedom, and encourages all of us to take ownership and make our own decisions. We want to continue taking on new challenges, working together as one team, going bold, and taking ownership so that we can grow individually, while working toward the realization of Mercari’s mission.
About this position
At Mercari, where our services and organizations are growing on a daily basis, it is vital that we propose and implement a variety of systems that will raise our development team’s productivity. As a member of our team, you will plan, propose, develop, deploy, and operate all kinds of systems that will complete tasks and solve challenges that our services face.
- Planning, development, and operation of systems that will enable smoother development of our services
- Planning, development, and operation of systems that will allow more efficient operation of our services
- Planning, development, and operation of systems that will increase engineers’ productivity
- Development and operation of support tools such as CI/CD/Feature Flagging
- Feature Flagging
- Micro Deploy
- e2e testing
- Eliminating duties that rely on specific individuals
- At least 3 years of experience with coding in a variety of programming languages
- Experience with development tools such as CI/CD
- Experience developing in a team
- Experience with operating development services such as CI/CD
- Experience with full stack development (iOS, Android, Web, Backend)
- Experience in creating AI and/or bots using coding tools
- Interest in promoting efficiency and automation
Probationary Period: 3 months (salary same as above)
Fixed working hours 10:00-19:00
Flex time (core hours 12:00-16:00, 60 minute lunch)
Annual salary, paid monthly
Based on your experience, skills and potential
Reviewed twice a year
Two days off per week, Japanese national holidays, New Year's vacation etc.
Paid Leave, Bereavement Leave, Relax Days, Sick Leave
- Health insurance
- Incentive program
- Employee stock ownership plan
- Full transportation coverage
- Custom PC
- Dual screen if needed
- Company smartphone
- Visa support
- New Employee Benefits at Mercarimercibox
Owned Media "mercan "
About Mercari, Inc
About C to C marketplace mercari