This position will work in a team environment of engineers and data scientists that support a wide range of R&D activities to create a complete and accurate dataset of places of interest for the entire world. You will be a Lead Engineer that is comfortable writing software to enrich and clean records representing places of interest. You will be working in an agile environment, leveraging DevOps practices to build highly reliable solutions, and leading the design/development of software solutions. You will also:
- Solve interesting and challenging problems of large scale data management and enrichment
- Develop content management, measurement, visualization, and editing tools
- Perform data processing and analysis of data signals from various sources (vehicles, cell phones, web, data providers)
- Work in the AWS cloud computing environment
- Meet with customers, both formally and informally
- Minimum of 8 years of software design and development experience with distributed highly scalable systems, with at least 2+ years in a Lead Engineering role.
- Excellent analytical skills, communication skills with good written and spoken English
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, Spark, Splunk, Docker, Jenkins
- Hands-on development experience in object-oriented languages as well as functional programming skills with Java, Scala, Python, and NodeJS
- Experience building REST web service clients and servers.
- Designing and Developing scalable and efficient solutions on AWS/Cloud
- Experience in an Agile environment, concepts of DevOps, and CI/CD
- Building out systems to monitor deployed workflows and monitoring/alert/handle failures
- Great skills in reviewing, documenting, and refactoring the design/code
- Effective unit testing with JUnit and mock objects.
- Experience mentoring and coaching other engineers
- Experience with Machine Learning a plus