Wayfair is one of the world's largest online destinations for the home. We're creative builders solving complex business problems by engineering the newest and most innovative software in e-commerce. We move fast, build to scale, and approach each challenge with agility and creativity.
Ad Tech & Customer Intelligence represents the services which collectively collect, process, and aggregate massive data which is consumed both in real time (Kafka) and batch processing (Spark) via HDFS (Presto/Hive). We collaborate very closely with Data Science, Marketing, and other Engineering teams to create and integrate various recommendation models and machine learning algorithms into our services.
As a founder-led company with a global footprint, we continue to look for pragmatic, innovative problem solvers to join our Ad Tech and Customer Intelligence Engineering team. You aren't married to any one language; object-oriented skills are great, functional programming and scripting language experience are prized as well;Big Data and Database expertise are valuable too.
This role is located in Boston, MA and would require relocation.
An ideal candidate has:
- Exceptional problem-solving skills, experience developing creative solutions to complex problems
- Large systems design and development experience using an OO language
- Functional programming and scripting skills
- Experience with SQL (Microsoft, Oracle, IBM, T-SQL) & relational database schema design.
- Experience gathering requirements from business stakeholders and deriving software requirements.
- Interest in big data and predictive analytics techniques or technologies (hands-on experience a plus
- Desire to mentor, teach and lead teams