Limited immigration sponsorship may be available for US based candidates.
What you will be doing As a Senior Data Scientist, you will be tasked with solving data problems end to end. This means:
- Having and growing an understanding of the multi-channel marketing optimization problem space
- Performing exploratory data analysis to understand relationships, opportunities to influence outcomes and how to attribute cross channel outcomes
- Being able to quickly iterate over common feature transformation and model types in order to find the best predictive models
- Being able to interpret the models that are being generated
- Developing proofs of concept to verify your ideas
- Closing the loop to make sure that the proposed solution is performing as it should and is correctly understood by clients
- Working closely with clients throughout
Because this is a senior role, we are looking for candidates that can carry out research in an autonomous fashion, and who can interact closely with clients with varying levels of machine learning experience. Our team You’ll join a team of passionate, talented data scientists who collaborate to design, build and maintain cutting-edge models that arm our clients with the ability to spot customer value and act upon it. If you’re intellectually curious, hardworking and solution-oriented, you’ll fit right into our fast-paced, collaborative environment. In addition to working with our data science team, you’ll also work closely with our data engineering team to develop top-of-the-line data pipelines. Qualifications What you will need to be successful:
- Good problem decomposition skills and autonomy when faced with solving data problems.
- A Master’s or PhD in a quantitative field (engineering, mathematics, physics, machine learning, statistics or computer science) are the ideal candidates. Those with Master’s should also have a quantitative Bachelor’s degree.
- At least 3+ years of industry experience outside of academia.
- Experience manipulating large marketing data sets and performing ETL (in SQL).
- Excellent hands-on knowledge of modeling approaches such as Boosted Trees and Logistic regression.
- Experience with large data sets generated in the Ad Tech or Marketing technology spaces.
- Demonstrated communication capabilities. We ask that you be able to explain your insights to people beyond the data science team. This means knowing how to best craft your message and selecting the right visualizations
- Willingness to travel up to 30%
Things that would help you stand out:
- Experience with end-to-end Data Science solutions such as H2O Driverless or Data Robot.
- Be able to write Python code
- A deep interest in Data Science and AI. A good measure of this would be competition participation (Kaggle or other) as well as participation in open courses
- An appreciation of how, when and where data science methods are most likely to lead to valuable commercial outcomes for specific large enterprises
- If you have code in the open domain (for example GitHub) or have written about AI/DS please share this with us
- Experience with Deep Learning architectures and/or Reinforcement Learning