We don’t just collect data, we connect data. YouGov is an international data and analytics group with the ambition to become a unique part of the global internet infrastructure - like Google for search, Facebook for social, Amazon for retail, we want it to be YouGov for opinion. Our value chain is a virtuous circle consisting of a highly engaged online panel, innovative data collection methods and powerful analytics technology. From the beginning we had one simple idea: the more people are able to participate in the decisions made by the institutions that serve them, the better those decisions will be. We are a global online community for millions of people, and thousands of organisations, to engage in a continuous conversation about their beliefs, behaviours and brands, and provide a more accurate portrait of what the world thinks.
YouGov are looking to a talented Analytics Specialist to join our growing team in our Bucharest office. Ideally you will come from a Statistical, Data Science or Econometrics background.
What will I be doing?
- Conducting ad hoc statistical analysis of survey data, potentially including
- Linear regression
- Regression with categorical dependent variables (binomial and multinomial logistic regression)
- Regression with multilevel or panel data (eg, fixed fixed effects, random effects, hierarchical models, time-series cross-sectional models)
- Clustering methods (k-means, hierarchical, latent class/finite mixture)
- Factor analysis, principle components, and correspondence analysis, and related spatial methods
- Analysis with incomplete or missing data (multiple imputation, full-information maximum likelihood)
- Conjoint and best-worst scaling (maxdiff) instrument design and analysis
- Assessing the structure of data and making recommendations about appropriate techniques for analysis
- Writing easy-to-read, replicable code for analysis (mostly in R); reviewing, editing, and collaborating on code with other analysts
- Communicating the results of statistical analysis to internal (YouGov) and potentially external audiences, including both audiences with and without training in statistics and quantitative methods
- Assisting YouGov researchers in ensuring that proposed questionnaires and samples are adequate to sustain desired statistical analysis
- Managing requests for assistance from researchers, including estimating project length and complexity, triaging competing priorities, and managing queries from YouGov researchers
- Cleaning, processing, and recoding data to allow for statistical analysis
What do I need to bring with me?
- University degree in statistics, econometrics, data science, or a related field (graduate-level training preferred)
- Strong understanding of regression and spatial (supervised and unsupervised) techniques for data analysis, as outlined in responsibilities above
- Experience in command-line based statistical software and familiarity with basic computer programming principles (strong R skills preferred)
- Strong written and verbal English skills
- Ability to work independently, manage time effectively, and proactively communicate
- Experience analysing and reporting on business or social science survey data preferred
- Experience writing clean, sharable code, working with version control systems (GitHub/GitLab), and optimizing code for speed preferred
- Experience in commercial market research, public opinion polling or data science settings preferred