Senior Data Engineer
A content technology platform, Nativo helps advertisers create meaningful brand connections with consumers and empowers publishers with breakthrough monetization solutions. We’re preparing the world for the age of content, where digital advertising is becoming a seamless, authentic, and helpful consumer experience.
We invite you to join us for an exciting and rewarding experience as a Data Engineer. This role will be part of a team that is responsible for designing and improving our big data infrastructure. Additionally, this team is responsible for providing various advance mathematical solutions for large-scale problems in other areas of our system. Nativo’s platform processes “near real-time” billions of events daily and the amount of data we process is growing rapidly. The data being processed is being used in various parts of the platform, such as reporting, machine learning based algorithms, etc. This role reports to the data engineering team manager.
What you'll do:
- Adapt and improve Nativo’s big data solutions (including data “collection” and processing)
- Adapt and improve Nativo’s Reporting Platform, built on top of our big data infrastructure
- Assure accuracy of data processing and outputs through high development skills, adherence to best practices, thorough testing, and peer reviews
- Performs code and design review work of other engineers in the team
- Collaborate with other engineers from other teams when designing and building new products and solutions.
What you need:
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Proven experience with developing large-scale big data solutions
- Hands-on experience in SQL and NoSQL big data databases
- Hands-on experience with Hadoop and Apache Spark
- Programming experience in Scala, Java or Python
- Knowledge in data streaming platforms such as Kafka or Kinesis is a plus
- Experience with working in AWS environment is a plus
- Ability to operate in an agile, entrepreneurial start-up environment
- Excellent teamwork skills with an ability to reach out and use team strengths to get the work done with minimal supervision
- Good communication skills
- You must be motivated, driven, and passionate about programming and technology
Relocation and visa sponsorship assistance provided.