Portchain is seeking a talented Advanced Analytics Engineer to join our analytics team that uses data, mathematical modeling, machine learning, and optimization to help our users get full transparency on their operations and make better decisions
You will work with the analytics team to prototype advanced features and integrate them into our products. You will ensure that features are robust and reliable for use in live operations by interfacing with the software engineering team.
You are analytically minded and enjoy working with data and algorithms. At the same time, you understand what it takes to build high quality software that is reliable and maintainable.
Portchain is an exciting fast-growth company where the chosen candidate will work with an incredible team on applications with a global impact.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Analyze data sources both quantitatively and visually to estimate the quality of the data and extract insights
- Build prototypes of advanced analytics-powered features
- Design and build production level data pipelines that transform and combine data from multiple sources
- Integrate advanced features into our application stack and ensure we use the highest engineering standards
- Master degree or PhD in computer science or another computational field e.g. operations research or machine learning
- Experience with building and evaluating models and algorithms
- Strong programming skills, preferably in Python
- Experience with delivering production standard software
- Skilled at working with SQL databases and large datasets
- Experience with deploying machine-learning models to production is a plus
- Able to communicate insights from data to team members
- Work on-site in our Copenhagen office or remote