ABOUT THE TEAM Department: Supply & Demand Reports to: Engineering Lead Team Size: <10 As a Research Engineer in the Pricing & Forecasting team, you will be accountable for data analysis, research, KPI definition, testing and deployment. As part of a cross-functional agile team, you will develop and implement the models that put Zalando's pricing strategy into action. You will challenge our status quo, drive innovation and apply agile best practices.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Develop a great product as part of an agile team, using mathematical modelling and working on topics such as optimisation, mixed integer programming and linear programming, all related to our Pricing platform.
- Leverage machine learning methods such as generalized linear models and (recurrent) neural networks, to handle temporal data
- Query, analyze and facilitate data, setting up monitoring and data quality assurance
- Put your software engineering skills into action to turn our ML models into production-ready code.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Excellent educational background (minimum M.Sc) in computer science, mathematics, statistics or other similar quantitative field
- 3+ years of experience with Python, ML-related libraries such as pandas, scikit-learn, TensorFlow, Keras, and big data frameworks such as Spark
- Strong understanding of Machine Learning methods and techniques
- Experience in building and/or running large-scale applications
PERKS AT WORK
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available only in select locations)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion and lifestyle, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 23 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
Pricing & Forecasting is at the core of our commercial operation. Our tools help to determine how much of each product to buy, to recommend the best prices for these products, and to ensure that we have the right level of logistics capacity to fulfill our customers demand. The Pricing and Forecasting engineering team uses cutting edge technology, data science and machine learning, to forecast demand and pricing with a focus on business and customer experience. Partnerships happen with all key engineering and product teams, business and customer experience teams.
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via e-mail.