Title: Research Engineer - Concept Development: London, Global & Remote Locations
Location: London CityPoint or Global & Remote Locations - flexible
Due to continued success and ongoing growth, Mimecast is looking to expand its high performing Research practice. Building on the successes of some the smartest individuals in their subject field globally, the lucky hire will join a highly competent and dynamic team and reap the benefits of significant knowledge transfer, specifically within email, machine learning and the broader cyber resilience landscape.
- Play a vital role in research project activities both directed and self-directed.
- Provide deep analysis and evaluation of competitive products.
- Generate theoretical ideas and research concepts
- Turn theoretical ideas and research concepts into demonstrations and proof of concepts ready to hand over to Product or Engineering
- Collaboration with others to determine and contribute towards the Mimecast product and future technical vision.
- Previous experience of managing projects and work load autonomously.
- Able to work successfully as part of a high performing globally dispersed team.
- Confident skills, knowledge and exposure to the email and/or messaging.
- Extensive knowledge of email messaging and security
- Knowledge of one or more cloud platforms (e.g. Azure, AWS, GCP, MimeOS)
- Knowledge of Machine Learning techniques
- Experience of Email Security or Email Archiving or similar products
- Evidence of ability to innovate independently (Coding Competitions, Hackathon’s, Open Source).
- Highly capable with Java, C# or C++ coding and their ecosystems in general.
- Pet Projects – open innovation competition to invent new products and services. Significant cash prizes and kudos to be won
- Patent support and expertise. Get your name alongside your innovations
- Flat management structure with approachable leaders in an open-plan office
- Startup feel with stability and security of an enterprise. Adoption of DevOps culture, Agile ways of working, fast paced, challenging and always fun
- Innovation culture, led by global experts including Chief Scientist Nathaniel Borenstein, inventor of the MIME protocol and first person in the world to send an email attachment
- A truly international team working together in a friendly, relaxed and open office environment
- Happy, vibrant office space with multiple breakout areas, games room, pool table, foosball and table tennis
Along with the challenges we offer very competitive salaries, staff share purchase plan, pension, private healthcare, life cover, season ticket loan, fitness subsidy, fruitful office, breakfast & snacks daily, wine & cold beer on tap, corporate citizenship, volunteering schemes, milestone recognition, long service fully paid sabbaticals, eye care, childcare vouchers & family leave time. Career opportunities are exceptionally good and tailored to you either down the management or technical route. If interested, feel free to get in touch with me directly at email@example.com