Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
Responsible for developing models leveraging various network telemetry and other internal data sets to provide insights and information which supports a fact-based decision making process. Provides input into analysis methods regarding operations tool building and tool selection. Works under general supervision and may require training and detailed instructions for assigned tasks.
- Develop and deploy predictive models leveraging data mining, optimization tools, and machine learning techniques and statistics (e.g.,) while utilizing historical network and services data to provide future predictions of systems behavior.
- Use statistical methods to develop or expose variable correlations and effects. Be able to present and explain those effects and limitations within a group atmosphere to ensure a good model design.
- Use good visual design techniques to present and explain key findings as well as information (dashboard) development
- Enhance data collection procedures that are relevant for building analytic systems
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Perform ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
Field of Study
- Computer Science, Engineering
Years of Experience:
- Generally requires 0-2 years related experience
Understanding of Data Structures and Algorithms, Deep Learning, Machine
Learning, Principles of Data Science, Mathematical Statistics, & Probability Theory
Python, Tensorflow, MySQL, Tableau preferred
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex or any other legally protected category.