The Data Scientist at Smaato is an experienced builder of intelligent systems as well as cloud based machine learning solutions. How? Our cutting edge platform is processing an average of 6 billion inbound advertising queries per day. Each incoming request generates multiple outbound requests to our partners.
With your inquisitiveness, and primary data research, you get to process these vast amount of data, and create comprehensive stories around your results.
Besides developing cloud-based solutions to user-story based requirements you will mentor junior developers and build software to pass automated acceptance tests.
What You'll Do
- Support the business and product stakeholders by developing machine learning algorithms
- You will design, develop and deliver scalable, high-performance and real-time data processing and analysis software
- Evaluate and select the right technologies to build scalable solutions for our clients in the Ad-Tech industry
- Solve complex problems by identifying and optimizing relevant KPIs from a multitude of data
- You’ll work on the system architecture and interact with the UI Engineers to innovate vizualisations of vast data labyrinths
- In our agile environment you will cooperate with the product management team and business stakeholders
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis using Databricks Notebooks
- We trust you to share responsibility for all team deliverables
What We'll Need
- Solid work experience in statistics, AI, and developing productive machine learning-based solutions
- Master Degree or equivalent experience in a quantitative field (Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, Artificial Intelligence, etc.)
- Deep understanding of data technologies and tools
- You are familiar with Spark and cloud-based AWS services
- Over the past years you gained experience in programming with JVM languages and Python, relational and NoSQL databases like MySQL, Postgres, and Vertica
- Familiarity with the online- or mobile advertising business counts as strong plus
- You hold a valid work permit for the German market