The Data Scientist will develop the analytical infrastructure and computational capabilities that drive decision making and impact the bottom-line performance of proprietary applications. By partnering with business leaders and leveraging company and industry data, this role will develop predictive systems and algorithms for identifying trends and driving business solutions. This positions primary focus is to manipulate large datasets to extract meaningful business information using statistics and machine learning techniques.
70%-Design and develop algorithms and models to use against large datasets to create business insights
20%-Establish scalable, efficient processes for large scale data analyses, model development and model implementation. Present analysis and resulting recommendations to senior management; Leverage data to present a compelling business case to optimize investments and operations
10%-Communicate and educate technical and non-technical employees on analytics and data-driven decision making
· Master's in Computer Science, Math or related quantitative field (or BS/BA in Computer Science, Math or related quantitative field and 5 years of data modeling experience).
· Work experience with Hadoop, SAS, HBASE, Cassandra or other similar development platforms.
· Expert knowledge in large scale information retrieval and statistical analysis.
· Experience with data modeling
· Extensive experience programming with Python
· Hands on experience in Java, Hadoop, HIVE, Scala, and MLLib
· Ability to understand and discuss where the industry is going next
· Ability to build scalable systems that analyze huge data sets and make actionable recommendations
· Strong communication and data presentation skills
· Ability to quickly adapt to new technologies, tools and techniques
· Flexible and responsive; able to perform in a fast paced, dynamic work environment and meet aggressive deadlines
· 3 years of experience in data modeling and statistical analysis
· Experience with large-scale data analysis and a demonstrated ability to identify key
· Insights from data to solve business problems
PERKS OF THE OPPORTUNITY
Our client is working in a true Agile, paired programming environment working with the best open-source technologies on the market. Our client does all IT in-house, so they have a great track record of growth and development of their employees. As a Fortune 50 leader, our client is looking for self-motivated individuals who have the eagerness to learn and join one of the largest retail juggernauts in the industry currently.
· 401(k) company Matching
· Employee Stock Purchase Program
· Paid Maternity and Paternity Leave
· Onsite cafeteria, gym, and free parking
· Flexible work hours, casual dress
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.