Senior Game AI Programmer
San Diego Studio
PlayStation’s brand new San Diego Study campus is seeking a Senior AI Programmer to join the team behind the critically acclaimed “MLB - The Show” game series.
In this role you will work on the decision logic and control systems that create the game play experience. Systems worked on may include fielding, base running, batting, physics, pitching, catching, general animation integration, locomotion, and many more. You will work closely with the designers, animators, and producers to identify problems, provide solutions, and improve the quality of the game play experience.
We value talent, self-motivation, and team spirit. In turn, we provide an environment with a large degree of freedom and autonomy. If this is you, please apply!
- Designing and implementing systems to support game play needs (fielding, base running, batting, pitching, catching, general animation implementation, locomotion, etc).
- Helping maintain and improve existing systems.
- Writing clear, maintainable, portable, and highly functional code.
- Profiling and performance tuning of code and systems to remove bottlenecks.
- As needed work on tools and technology tasks to support specific project requirements.
- Testing and debugging of your code and that of others past and present.
- Five years game industry programming experience.
- Expertise in C++ and console game development.
- Commitment to code quality and sound testing procedures.
- Knowledge of baseball rules and strategies.
- Self-motivated with good communication skills.
- Able and motivated to work with other team members.
- B.S. degree in computer science or equivalent experience.