Job Title : Machine Learning Senior Software Engineer
BCI (Brain Computer Interfaces)
Reference: MLSE 051901
Location : Based in Parma, Italy
Salary Range : Competitive salary and employee benefits
Business Area: Camlin Technologies Ltd.
Role Reports To :
With over 35 years history developing cutting-edge products and solutions in power, rail, photonics and, more recently, healthcare sectors, our expansion plans call for us to hire new top-level R&D, IT & Engineering personnel. Innovation is the key to our success so we don’t stand still and don’t expect you do either. We offer bespoke training to ensure you have the personal and technical skills to take your career forward.
The Camlin Group has technical centres of excellence in Bologna, Parma, Copenhagen, Krakow, Lisburn, Glasgow and Zurich. Our design work encompasses the highest level of digital electronics, machine learning, DSP, software & firmware, mechanical engineering, applications and field engineering. We also have in-house research in vacuum technology, plasma physics, laser physics, nano technology, brain neural computer interfaces, spectroscopy and more.
Camlin Italy srl, conceives and develops intelligent embedded systems for the acquisition and processing of information, operating mainly in the fields of artificial intelligence, computer vision, audio and signal processing, also on embedded platforms.
Whom are we looking for…
We are looking for computer scientists with a deep passion for Brain Computer Interfaces (BCI) and a great understanding of the most recent machine learning approaches such as deep learning, to join our fast-growing multidisciplinary team. You will have the opportunity to contribute in creating a new generation of Brain Computer Interfaces fusing cutting-edge machine learning, neuroscience and embedded systems, applied across various projects with top level academic and industrial partners.
- You will be co-responsible for the design and production-grade implementation of a ML-powered BCI framework shared among various projects
- You will be co-responsible for the validation and implementation of ML-based models
- You will be co-responsible for the implementation of the BCI on high-end embedded platforms such as Jetson TX2 from Nvidia
- You will collaborate in drafting project proposals and reports
- Master degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science or Physics or Mathematics or other relevant technical field (PhD is a strong plus)
- At least 3 years of industry or open-source backed coding experience in modern programming languages (Python essential; C, C++ is a strong plus)
- At least 3 years of industry or open-source backed coding experience with Machine Learning frameworks like Tensor Flow, Keras, Scikit-learn and willing to learn new software tools
- Proven sound experience in SW development in industry or academia in the fields of EEG data analysis and/or BCI
- Background in Machine Learning theory
- Knowledge and previous experience in ROS (Robot Operating System) is a plus.
- Team working capabilities and flexibility but also strong autonomy in working by objective
- Good communication skills in English
The ideal candidate:
- Has contributed to open-source projects in machine learning field and feels at home with Git+JIRA+Confluence tools
- Feels the “need” to write high performance production quality code and build elegant class structures
- Enjoys optimizing algorithms for modern multi-core CPU with GPU embedded devices such Jetson TX2 and parallel multicore processors such as PULP. In other words, feels at home with cloud, fog, edge computing
- Is open minded and enjoys approaching complex problems with a multi-disciplinary approach
Place of work and benefits
- You will join a team of 10+ enthusiastic engineers, scientists and researchers
- A full-time open-ended contract with paid vacation and sick days
- High-end Linux laptop or workstation with root access
- Informal working environment and a team of young motivated professionals with experts in different fields
- Continuous learning by attending to company organized lectures and self-time to experiment
- New top floor office close to the historical centre of the city
- Lodging and relocation contribution to Parma (Italy) (some limitations may apply)
- We offer a competitive salary based on the experience and skills
camlingroup.com/careers or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Statement on Fair Employment and Equal Opportunities
Camlin Group wishes to ensure equal opportunity is given to all job applicants. This company will not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, race, religious belief, political opinion, marital status, age or disability.