Technology (AI / ML / add all the buzzwords here) is changing the world precipitously and shaping our future.
Join us if you DISAGREE and want to shape the future yourself!
We need a top-notch Data Science & Engineering Manager with the ambition to create the technology that changes the world.
The technology that makes history, and decodes the future while transforming the present…
Already excited? Then we’d like to know you better!
This is a unique opportunity to contribute to the establishment of a brand new team supporting our business to scale in the best possible way as we become a global e-commerce player with LolaFlora, and ultimately help us to become the greatest gifting company in the world!
Our team will be a perfect fit for you, if you’re a multi-dimensional data & IT expert ready to roll up your sleeves to contribute to a high performance, large scale, geographically dispersed ecosystem.
If you’re in, you’ll be tackling complicated and unique technical problems with disruptive technologies and a business mindset. We never cease to challenge ourselves and the world, thus we guarantee you’ll never get bored if you’re the right person for this job.
This is a crucial role where you simultaneously need to be a team manager and a technical expert who doesn’t hesitate to work in a hands-on manner whenever needed.
The essence of the position consists of designing, developing, and deploying big data, growth or productivity oriented systems/solutions with cutting edge technologies in order to resolve complex business cases in a rapidly changing environment.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Building and coaching a team of top-notch data scientists & software engineers to help us discover and define problems, apply solutions and build relevant products to impact core business of the company
- Solving deep technical issues to meet and exceed business objectives
- Translating ad hoc business requirements into algorithmic solutions
- Working in cooperation with product and commercial teams to build algorithms for various business scenarios
- Designing, developing, and evaluating highly innovative, scalable and reliable technology solutions
- Creating and implementing predictive models and algorithms
- Creating decision models to develop new products, and optimize relevant processes
- Developing artificial intelligence and machine learning projects to produce value-added business results
- Always keeping an eye on the latest tech trends to ensure continuous innovation
- Some of the projects you’ll embark on: image recognition, process automation, customer lifetime value calculation & segmentation, personalized product recommendation, product ranking algorithms, fraud detection algorithms, ML enabled anomaly detections for various business scenarios, order allocation & route optimization for vendors, marketing budget optimization.
- You possess exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- You’re genuinely interested in the opportunity to create systems from scratch
- You have an insatiable curiosity and a craving for lifelong learning
- You’re a humble, hardworking, and agile team leader who’s also a team member
- You’re highly competent in e-commerce ecosystem
- You’re familiar with Agile methodologies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Sciences, Computer Engineering or similar academic disciplines from top tier universities
- Ideally 8 years of professional experience in software development, data & information technology roles
- Solid experience in managing a team of engineers
- Exposure to data analytics & machine learning, big data ecosystem and technologies (R, Python, Spark, Hadoop, Hive etc.)
- Competency in relevant technologies in the e-commerce ecosystem (i.e. AWS, Jira, Confluence etc.)
- Experience in creating and deploying machine learning systems and pipelines would be a great asset
- Competency in a variety of technologies would be nice to have (i.e. C, C++, Elastic, Angular, git, Kubernetes, Codecov, grunt/gulp, Node.js, MongoDB, Redis, MySQL, MsSQL)
- Fluency in written & spoken English