This is our story We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
We are hiring a Manager, App Optimization and Testing to coordinate and implement our native app and OTT testing program. The successful candidate will drive our A/B and multivariate testing strategy, design experiments, implement, track, analyze results and communicate insights.
He/She will work very closely with the cross-functional app team to prioritize, design and coordinate the execution of experiments. This position requires strong analytics skills, experience with A/B testing platforms and best practices, and excellent communication skills. The App Optimization and Testing Manager will report to the Sr. Manager of Optimization and Testing on the Audience Development & Analytics team at CNN Digital.
This role is primarily responsible for supporting AB and multivariate Testing efforts on CNN Apps. Partner with the Product, Research, Design, Editorial, Business and other stakeholders to define, implement and track experiments on CNN Digital apps, including OTT, analyze the test results, and make recommendations for future action.
- Develop and implement our app testing program
- Provide A/B and multivariate testing strategy, business requirements and execution
- Work with cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of optimized web experiences
- Manage the end-to-end testing process including experiment design, KPI selection, requirements gathering, coordination of test execution, and success measurement
- Maintain the operational status of all assigned testing queues, monitor roadmaps, test schedules, in-flight tests, and provide recommendations to Product and Editorial teams
- Perform weekly testing analysis and updates, ad hoc requests, and queue maintenance
- 3+ years of digital optimization and A/B multivariate testing experience
- Strong knowledge of A/B testing platforms and solid testing principles, preferably Apptimize and/or Optimizely
- Strong understanding of both statistics and regression required
- Knowledge of key digital media KPIs
- Strong working knowledge of analytics platforms, eg Adobe Analytics/Omniture
- Excellent analytical skills
- Knowledge of visual techniques for data analysis and presentation
- Strong interpersonal written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptionally organized with the ability to multi-task with multiple projects in a fast-paced environment with attention to detail
- BS/BA in Math, Statistics, Physics, Engineering, Economics, Finance or related fields
- Strong expertise in website or app instrumentation in a media environment
- Proficiency in statistical calculations in relation to A/B testing
- Tableau, Python, R, or similar statistical, visualization and/or dashboarding tools is a plus
- He/She should have a passion for data and be able to analyze content performance and audience behavior
- Knowledge of the digital media space, including the digital business models and the display advertising business is a plus.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.