The Intersect Group is seeking a Data Scientist in the Atlanta Area
- Design and improve data analytics methods and solutions used to collect, analyze, audit, report, and visualize survey data.
- Utilize predictive analytics and machine learning (ML) to analyze survey datasets, answer questions, gain insights, and create innovative data-driven solutions.
- Create data analytics solutions for compensation consulting projects and services.
- Perform ad-hoc analytics, statistical modeling, data visualizations, and custom reporting for internal compensation specialists, analysts, and consultants.
- As needed, provide analytics support and consultation to internal compensation specialists, analysts, and consultants.
Required Experience and Skills
- Master's degree or higher in analytics, data science, statistics, mathematics, economics, finance, or another related analytical field.
- Three plus years of professional data analytics and data science experience, including applied statistics, statistical programming, exploratory data analysis (EDA), data wrangling, data modeling, data visualizations, predictive analytics, and machine learning (ML).
- Advanced R or Python skills.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Experience writing basic queries in Transact-SQL (T-SQL) for Microsoft SQL Server.
Preferred Experience and Skills
The following experiences and skills are a plus and nice to have but not required:
- Professional experience, education, or formal training in surveys or market research.
- Professional experience in HR consulting, HR analytics, or HR tech.
- Experience building natural language processing (NLP) models.
- Experience with geospatial data analysis.
- Microsoft SQL Server Machine Learning Services (ML Services), R Services, R Server, RevoScaleR, RStudio, or other experience connecting and executing R code on Microsoft SQL Server.
- Excel VBA or .NET development.
Intangibles and Keys to Success
- Ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
- Comfortable working both independently and in collaboration with others.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical people.
- Highly detail-oriented while not losing focus of the big picture.
- Flexible and willing to adapt to changing business needs.
- Passionate about learning, motivated to continuously improve skills, and able to easily adapt to new technologies.