Cubic Austin is looking for an energetic and innovative artificial intelligence research scientist to drive relationships with US military agencies (like DARPA and NGA), and world class universities. Our new scientist will direct AI research for our existing data science, machine learning, AI, and software teams. You have a unique opportunity to lead disruptive technology transformations that will change the world.
- Research and develop machine learning systems that help train and/or deploy models
- Research and develop new ML algorithms to aid in speech processing and recommendation systems
- Quickly prototype new ideas/technologies to create proof of concept and demos
- Contribute to the organizations strong drive to be on the cutting edge of technology through the generation of patentable ideas
- Effectively communicate with global engineering teams
- PhD degree in Computer Science with Artificial Intelligence (Machine Learning/Deep Learning) or related fields
- In-depth fundamental knowledge of AI, deep learning, and machine learning algorithms and methods with proven experience, including strong knowledge of the mathematical underpinnings behind these various methods
- Familiarity with statistical data processing, neural networks, decision trees, regression techniques, pattern recognition, clustering, statistical techniques, probability theory, stochastic systems, Bayesian inference, and dimensionality reduction, including mastery of the mathematical underpinnings of these methods
- Experience creating intelligent agents approximating components of human behavior
- Familiarity with Contextual Bandit algorithms and/or Reinforcement Learning
- Ability to comprehend modern ML research papers and adapt those models to solve real world problems
- Solid understanding on various software development tools, software process, and environments: IDE, debugger, source control, bug tracking, etc.
- Ability to multi-task effectively under considerable pressure and deadlines and easily adapt within a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills